Super Plastic Forming
Superplastic forming is the manufacturing process of complex parts from superplastic materials like titanium and alloys. Under controlled temperature and strain rates, metallic microstructures are deformed into large strains using low force.
This process produces complex, 3D shapes with constant section thickness, no re-entrant angles and large deformations from any metal with a stable superplastic microstructure.
This process produces large complex components in one operation. This allows us to keep parts light and avoid assembly work, a particular advantage for aerospace products.
With 5 press sizes, we can produce a variety of parts.
- 1 - 34" x 128" Bed Size SPF Capable
- 1 - 48" x 48" Bed Size SPF Capable
- 1 - 48" x 72" Bed Size SPF Capable
- 1 - 60" x 72" Bed Size SPF Capable
- 1 - 24" x 24" Bed Size SPF Capable