Super Plastic Forming
Superplastic forming is the manufacturing process of complex parts from superplastic materials like titanium and alloys. Under controlled temperature and strain rates, metallic microstructures are de-formed into large strains using low force.
This process produces complex, 3D shapes with constant section thickness, no re-entrant angles and large deformations from any metal with a stable superplastic microstructure.
This process produces large complex components in one operation. This allows us to keep parts light and avoid assembly work, a particular advantage for aerospace products.
With 5 press sizes, we can produce a variety of parts.
- 1 - 34" x 128" Bed Size SPF Capable
- 1 - 48" x 48" Bed Size SPF Capable
- 1 - 48" x 72" Bed Size SPF Capable
- 1 - 60" x 72" Bed Size SPF Capable
- 1 - 24" x 24" Bed Size SPF Capable