SX-Electrowinning & Refining
CAID Industries has been in the business of cathode manufacturing since 1973. We are presently the largest supplier of cathodes for the electro-refining/winning industries. We have supplied over 1.5 million cathodes to our customers. We make new Cathodes in Titanium, Stainless Steel, Copper & Exotic Alloys. CAID also provides solutions for maintaining and repairing any brand of electrode. As a world class OEM, CAID understands electro-processing and provides systems, equipment and technical support for tankhouse operations.
- Electrodes, Cathodes & Anodes
- Electrode Maintenance & Repair
- Electrode Processing & Product Handling
- High Current Busbar Systems
- Electrode Receiving, Handling & Storage
Superior Cathode Design
Solid copper bar design with dissimilar metal weld means the highest current efficiencies are attainable. As current densities are pushed to the maximum, conductivity of the bar at higher temperatures can become an issue. Solid ETP copper bars maintain their low resistance over a wide range of temperatures, therefore handling the higher amperages without overheating. The CAID Cathode design with solid copper hanger bar is the most easily repaired cathode on the market. Sheets and bars can be taken apart and handled separately affording complete leveling and resurfacing of the sheet prior to re-assembly. Continued improvement and weld process advances at CAID have resulted in the next generation of ‘solid copper bar, Cu TIG welded stainless steel cathodes’.
The I-TACC-XL (improved CAID cathode extended life) shows marked improvements in life cycle performance, while maintaining the efficiency and reparability features which the CAID cathode is known for.
CAID Cathode Advantages
- Maintains the highest current efficiency through the life of the cathode
- Number one in Electrical Efficiency
- Number one in Reparability
- Titanium, Stainless Steel, Copper & Exotic Alloys for Plating Copper, Nickel, Cobalt, Platinum, Gold, etc.
- Enhanced Cathodes Available for High-corrosion Environments
- 30,000 sq. ft. Manufacturing Facility
- ISO 9001 cathode production and repair facility
- Automated Handling & Precision Machining
- Certified Welders with NDT Level II Inspection
- Electro Maintenance & Repair
Cathode Repair Facility
- ISO 9001 Certified Cathode Repair Facility
- Sheet Flattening & Resurfacing
- Bar Straightening or Replacement
- Re-welding & Edge-stripping
- Titanium Cathode Repairs
- Anode Repairs
Cathode Repair Program
- Improve and Maintain Current Efficiency
- On-site Cathode Condition Assessment
- On-site Maintenance Training
- In-depth Training for Maintenance at your facility
- Cathode historic database
- All incoming cathodes are steam-cleaned and evaluated for repair.
Leveling & Flattening
- State of the art precision leveling to return your cathode/anode to like new parameters.
- Header bars, Stainless or Titanium Plates are hydraulically straightened.
- Complete welding done by CAID certified welders and checked by certified NDT level II Inspectors.
- Inspectors utilize our on site metallurgical lab and micro sectioning analysis assure the highest quality products in the industry.
- Cathode plate surfaces are refinished to Industry Standards using state of the art buffing systems.
- CAID can furnish and install all types of industry required Edge Strips.
Packing, Shipping and Tracking
- Your completed cathode is crated or racked in a vertical position to prevent damage for shipping worldwide.