At Samuel LZR FIT, our robust line-up of pressure vessel head capabilities gives us a distinct advantage in the market. We continually seek to re-invest in the latest technology and work with our customers to meet their specific capability requirements. These investments result in higher quality products, efficient manufacturing lead times, and market competitive prices.
Our equipment and service capabilities include:
- Forming stainless steel, high alloy and carbon steel vessel heads built to specification
- Maintaining a large inventory of standard carbon steel vessel heads for on-demand shipments
- 150, 300 & 600-ton bump press
- 3 flanging machines with up to 1” thick capabilities
- 1000-ton Hydro press (water formed heads)
- Sub-Arc, TIG and Plasma seam welders
- Weld seam and head polishing equipment
- Pickling and Electropolishing options
- Half pipe and heat transfer equipment
- Computer Radiography Chamber and Equipment
- 16' X 35' Hi-Def Plasma table cuts 1" +
Samuel LZR FIT also regularly updates our carbon and stainless steel head forming capabilities.
During the process of forming a pressure vessel head, the raw material is pressed and stretched. The result of this process is many areas of the finished head will have a material thickness that is slightly less than the nominal thickness of the raw sheet or plate. To assist our customers with selecting a head thickness for a given application and ensure the product meets ASME or other calculated minimum thicknesses, Samuel LZR FIT has compiled a "thin out" chart.
Samuel LZR FIT also regularly updates our tolerance chart for vessel head forming capabilities.