CAID Industries, a division of Samuel, Son & Co. is growing! If you're looking for a rewarding career opportunity with a family run, industry leading organization, bring your experience and motivated attitude to Samuel, Son & Co.
Due to our continued success, we are seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join our team in Tucson, AZ.
If you think you have what it takes to become part of our team, contact us today.
Here are some of what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Paid vacation and an annual bonus
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401(K) Plan with company match
- Opportunity for career growth and stability
As a Mechanical Engineer at CAID's Automation division, you will assume a leadership role in the development of automated manufacturing systems. You will be responsible for designing required mechanisms, selecting and integrating a broad spectrum of components and subsystems including robotics, servo axis, pneumatics, fluidics dispensing systems, vibratory feeders, lasers, vision, sensors and conveyors. Your assignments can be complex in nature and will require considerable judgement and initiative. Every project brings unique challenges where great creativity is required. You have the opportunity to impact a number of different industries through your work.
- Understands and synthesizes customer user requirements for the project.
- Creates designs that satisfy contract specifications and all applicable design standards while meeting material budget constraints.
- Performs engineering calculations with respect to strength of materials, speeds, horsepower, temperature, pressure, force, etc. as related to machine and tool designs.
- Analyzes engineering drawings, and specifications to determine shape, dimensions, hardness etc. in the development of equipment, processes and products.
- Examines feasibility of using one or more machines to carry out sequential operations.
- Collaborates with management to create an Engineering Deliverables plan that when executed will satisfy the overall project schedule.
- Monitors and reports progress toward Engineering Deliverables to management on a weekly basis. Define and execute a recovery plan if Deliverables are not completed on schedule.
- Provides technical mentoring and design leadership to Junior Engineers as needed.
- Gives technical direction to Machine Builders and Technicians as needed.
- Consults regularly with Project Managers to report status, raise issues, take direction, and assist where able.
- Participates in regular project status updates with Customers.
- Presents designs during internal and Customer project reviews.
- Collaborates with Manufacturing Engineers to arrive at designs that are optimized for manufacturing ease while still meeting all functional requirements.
- Provides accurate documentation for each project.
- Promotes a positive professional image of CAID Automation internally and externally.
- Provides superior customer service to all internal and external customers.
- Meets agreed upon goals and objectives in a timely manner.
- Must be able to travel up to 10% of the time
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent, specializing in mechanical design or mechanical engineering. BSME or MSME degree preferred
- 7 years' experience designing complex automation systems for the semiconductor, electronics, fiber optics, medical device, and/or pharmaceutical industries.
- Proficiency with solid modeling (SolidWorks preferred) and ability to detail machined and fabricated parts to ANSI standards.
- Working knowledge of common machine shop techniques.
- Successful experience troubleshooting complex equipment during project startup phases.
- Ability to independently complete all specific responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Comfortable sharing ideas, presenting concepts and interacting with technical and non-technical people
- Accepting of constructive criticism and incorporating ideas of others to create the best possible design/product
- Leadership experience or qualities are highly desirable
- Effective verbal, written, and communication skills.
- Valid State Driver's License required.
- Citizen status must be ITAR eligible
- Ability to cross international borders (Passport required).
This is a Safety Sensitive position:
A Safety Sensitive position is a job or position where the employee holding this position has the responsibility for his/her own safety or other people's safety. It would be particularly dangerous if such an employee is using drugs or alcohol while on job. An employee has to be with clear mind and diligent while occupying such positions.