CAID Industries, a division of Samuel, Son & Co. is growing! If you're looking for a rewarding career opportunity with a family run, industry leading organization, bring your experience and motivated attitude to Samuel, Son & Co.
Due to our continued success, we are seeking a Designer to join our team in Tucson, AZ.
If you think you have what it takes to become part of our team, contact us today.
Here are some of what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Paid vacation and an annual bonus
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401(K) Plan with company match
- Opportunity for career growth and stability
As a Designer at CAID's Mining Technology & Service division, you will communicate with the project manager to ensure understanding of technical, commercial, and schedule requirements of the assigned project. You will obtain all data required to develop a detailed design and prepare complete and accurate layouts, 3D models, assemblies and detailed fabrication drawings that can be followed with minimal verbal elaboration. In this role you will be exposed to customer facing engagements, and use great creativity to solve unique problems.
- Preparation of preliminary and/or schematic diagrams, as well as employ combination of preliminary information and contributing data to develop a sound concept.
- Investigate and obtain all data required to develop a detailed design.
- Prepare complete and accurate layouts, 3D models, assemblies and detailed fabrication drawings that can be followed with minimal verbal elaboration. Simple animations may also be required.
- Communicate with project managers, estimators, customers, or vendors, on any critical project design issues.
- Seek assistance in areas that require engineering or certifications beyond CAID's contractual requirements.
- Serve as a resource to project managers/engineers/estimators offering alternative or refined design options.
- Understand technical, commercial, and schedule requirements of the contract.
- Establish checks & balances for the project to ensure that design requirements are met.
- Seek to maximize the project efficiency and recommends constructability and operability improvements and fit-up details.
- May assist in project evaluation and estimating during the proposal phase to make design improvement suggestions which could aid in the jobs overall profitability and our ability to get the job.
- Make regular in-process project reviews. Recommend corrective action when necessary.
- Perform maintenance of CAD files in response to engineering changes.
- Assist project managers with programming and coordination of fabrication and testing.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Industrial Design or 5 years' work experience in a related industry (machine design, automation & robotics, controls, mineral processing, heavy industry, etc).
- 5 years' experience and proficiency with SolidWorks (preferred) or Inventor.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, BOM management, fabrication methods, and codes associated with metal structural profiles, piping, pneumatics, and material handling equipment.
- Exposure to procurement & estimating are strong assets
- Demonstrated customer service mindset and business acumen required.
- Should possess a go and see mentality.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word and Excel.
- Hands-on shop experience considered an asset.
- Bilingual English/Spanish