CAID Industries, a division of Samuel, Son & Co. is growing! If you're looking for a rewarding career opportunity with a family run, industry leading organization, bring your experience and motivated attitude to Samuel, Son & Co.
Due to our continued success, we are seeking an Accountant to join our team in Tucson, AZ.
If you think you have what it takes to become part of our team, contact us today.
Here are some of what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Paid vacation and an annual bonus
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401(K) Plan with company match
- Opportunity for career growth and stability
As an Accountant at CAID, you will use your accounting knowledge and skills to perform professional accounting work including general or cost accounting and the compilation and analysis of financial data. After you become acclimated to the systems and processes in place, you will deliver best practices and process/system improvements to enhance the department's delivery. Your hard work and dedication will see you advance to key leadership roles in the future.
- Perform general or cost accounting activities.
- Oversight of Billing, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payroll and other accounting functions.
- Classify and record financial transactions using accounting techniques and standard practices.
- Prepare journal entries.
- Compile, consolidate and analyze financial data.
- Draft segments of statements and reports.
- May prepare a variety of standard, periodic end products such as cost reports, trial balances, balance sheets, profit-and-loss statements, or statements of sourcing and application of funds.
- Use judgement to prepare commentary or explanations of items of significance on reports.
- May provide limited advice on standard accounting matters.
- Assess, measure and make recommendations on risk pertaining to various business decisions.
- Review terms & conditions on contracts to understand and take appropriate action on billing and invoicing matters.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field is required; CPA or equivalent is preferred.
- 4 - 5 years of accounting experience.
- Experience in a custom manufacturing environment is an asset.
- Should possess a go and see mind set and be willing to spend time on the production floor.
- Sound understanding of accounting fundamentals and principles.
- Ability to handle most standard issues independently using the organization's existing systems.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Experience with Hyperion is an asset
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills are required
- Committed to delivery and is flexible to the demands of the business.
- Keen attention to detail
- High level of integrity is essential to succeed in this environment.