New Building and New Equipment!
The Cut to Length operator will ensure that product processed on the Cut to Length Line (CTL) has been performed in a safe, efficient and quality manner. This position has the overall responsibility of the CTL and how it operates /runs, but primarily, or specifically, the function of the leveler, product covering, shear operations and the respective paperwork involved with processing product. This position either assists, or provides the guidance and direction for all the other functions of the line, coil transfer, un-coiler, stacker and packaging areas.
The CTL Operator should be experienced with one of the following machine configurations: Pro Echo, Andritz, HerrVoss, Redbud, Rowe, Stamco, and or Vigano.
- Review material processing paperwork and oversee the retrieval and staging of material to be ran on the CTL; this same paperwork will also generate the required PVC / covering and pallets (paperwork system based on AS400)
- Starting with coils, ensure their staging is in order, coils are transferred to the scale for weight/ thickness confirmation, loaded on the transfer cart and then mounted onto the un-coiler mandrel (to this point a separate control stand is used for the coil mounting)
- Coordinate material feed into the leveler for flattening, then the PVC or paper interleaf (as required) are started and the material is fed into the shear. (all of these functions through the shear and then the exit conveyors to the stacker are all controlled with a second, main, control panel)
- Based on the material order paperwork, process material through the leveler and shear constantly observing for any irregularities, both functional and from a quality perspective.
- On a coil by coil basis, the CTL machine operator will measure length and squareness of product as dictated by either customer requirements and or standards (the thickness of the material, at this point, has already been measured, confirmed and recorded via the coil mounting process)
- As part of the material processing, the leading edge of the coil and again with the trailing edge will be evaluated for flatness and processed accordingly for scrap as will other issues encountered as the material is being processed
- Oversee the pallet build list and that the proper pallets are either staged and or built (as required) to enable the material to be palletized based on customer orders. Customers may have special requirements for their material and those requirements must be reviewed and adhered to with no deviation unless approved prior to processing.
- Once the material has been processed and palletized, the CTL machine operator is responsible to adhere the appropriate labels on the pallets as generated by the paperwork from the AS400 and update the material/order information in AS400
- Based on needs of the business, will be requested to work in other areas of the facility to support customer demand issues
- Any and all non-conformances with material / packaging items, or abnormalities with equipment function(s) are to be reported immediately to Supervision
- Ensure a safe, clean working environment
- Support other operator(s) with general duties associated with the line / equipment
- Maintain a good work atmosphere
- Adhere to all health and safety rules / regulations
- All other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 2 years' experience running a metal cut to length line
- Must be proficient in the use of tape measures and gauges
- High School education and or equivalent (GED)
- Capable of reading, writing and speaking the English language
Equal Opportunity Employer