The Assistant Treasurer reports to the Vice-President, Treasurer and has direct reports. The position is directly responsible for overseeing the bank services including cash management for all business units, the company insurance program, foreign exchange program and assist the VP, Treasurer in the financing structure of the company.
Maintaining strong relationships with the banks and insurance broker is a critical part of the role. The role requires the Assistant Treasurer to work closely with the business units and other Corporate departments i.e. Accounting and Taxation.
• Assist VP, Treasurer in review and negotiation of loan agreements.
• Assist the VP, Treasurer in the support of financing structures.
• Manage the necessary bank reporting requirements i.e. bank covenants, borrowing base.
• Manage inquiries, review and determine if proposed transactions have an impact on credit agreement.
Bank Relationships & Cash Management:
• Ensure the optimal allocation of drawn and cash balances on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.
• Direct responsibility for the cash management services of the company and determine optimal cash management services.
• Point of escalation when required between the head office, business units and banks on cash management related issues when required.
• Oversee the online bank portals ensuring proper security is in place.
• Strategically manage the company’s insurance program.
• Liaise with Insurance Brokers on all matters related to the insurance program.
• Make recommendations to management on insurance coverage, premiums, reporting, etc.
• Oversee insurance questionnaires, summaries and allocations for annual renewal.
• Oversee the allocation of insurance charges to divisions on a monthly basis.
• Oversee the company’s foreign exchange programs.
• Keep current with the hedge accounting requirements and prepare the appropriate memos.
• Document hedging relationships and perform the necessary testing to meet hedge accounting requirements.
• Prepare projections of interest expense, bank charges, short and long term debt balances for annual business plan and quarterly forecasts.
• Act as Treasury Subject Matter Expert in the implementation of the new Microsoft ERP system.
• Act as liaison between ERP Project team and banks to ensure proper and necessary cash management banking services are implemented.
• Assist in the review and integration of acquisitions as it relates to Treasury.
• CPA designation.
• CTP designation not required but preferred.
• Finance/accounting related experience of 10 to 15 years, with 5 plus year’s treasury specific.
• Excellent treasury, analytical, accounting, organizational and communications skills.
• Supervisory experience.
• Excellent business acumen.
• Proven ability to work well with others.
• Demonstrates leadership, enthusiasm, confidence, dependability and a positive attitude.