Responsible for fabrication of ASME code and non-code pressure vessels along with the fabrication of items not typical to regular production.
1) Be able to read and interpret blueprints, job routings, and Standard Engineering Specifications.
2) Properly assemble heads, shells, and flanges for circumferential seam welding.
3) Hold necessary weld certifications to fabricate and repair pressure vessels.
4) Be able to perform all kinds of welding, cutting, gouging operations applicable to Silvan, to properly fabricate pressure vessels.
5) Handset couplings, flanges, pipe nipples, legs, brackets, braces, etc., within tolerances specified on blueprints.
6) Record required information on proper forms relating to specific fabrication practices where required.
7) Pneumatic test doubler pads, and pressure vessels when required.
8) Dye penetrant inspect and do repairs to joggled shells. Successfully complete dye penetrant certification.
9) Material handling – operation of cranes, hoists, and forklifts as needed. Also successfully complete any training/safety program relating to the operation of the equipment.
10) Perform modifications or alterations to previously fabricated pressure vessels.
11) This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management, as required. Staffing of positions to be determined by Company, as requirements warrant.
EQUIPMENT KNOWLEDGE AND USE LISTING:
1) Wire feed (GMAW) welding equipment.
2) Air Carbon Arc gouging equipment
3) All Pneumatic tools available to shop employees
4) 1’, 2’, and 4’ levels, center finder, carpenters square, chalk line, compass, protractor, tape measure, circumference tape measure, center punch.
5) Hand beveller.
6) Air plasma arc cutting machine, Oxy / Acet cutting torch.
7) Various gauges and taps as required.
8) Fillet weld gauges.
WELDING CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
1) 4-1 GMAW (Short circuit Mode) 2G Position Minimum
2) 5-1 GMAW (Spray Mode) 2G Position Minimum
3) 1-4 SMAW (Stick Welding) optional *
4) 12-1 GTAW (TIG Welding) optional*
Individual must have completed one full year welding course at NWTC, or like institution, and/or three years welding experience. Must have a High School Diploma, GED, or at least 1 year working experience in an industrial based environment.
QUALITY FUNCTION STATEMENT:
The Welder shall have the responsibility of following all specific quality instructions and reporting all nonconforming material, or conflicting instructions to the Quality Assurance Department.