- Department: Engineering
- Division: Missouri Metals
- Type: Full-time Salary
- Location: St. Louis, MO, USA
Missouri Metals, a division of Samuel, Son & Co. is growing! If you’re looking for a rewarding career opportunity with a family run, industry leading organization, bring your experience and motivated attitude to Samuel, Son & Co.
Due to our continued success, we are seeking a Welding Engineer to join the team in St. Louis, MO. If you think you have what it takes to become part of the team, contact us today.
Here is some of what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Paid vacation and an annual bonus
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401(K) plan with company match
- Opportunity for stability and career growth
The Welding Engineer is responsible for maintaining the efficiency and effectiveness of welding.
- Implements and participates in World Class Lean TPM, Quality processes and other such advanced manufacturing methodologies and systems.
- Develops/designs best practices for welding techniques, fixturing, etc.
- Develop and maintain in-process quality control systems to ensure product quality.
- Drive continuous improvement through waste reduction, production efficiencies, and operation improvement.
- Set up Operator Control Records and Work Instructions for welding processes
- Interfaces with the customer representative on scope of work.
- Understand product design, stack ups, tolerances related to the assembly process.
- Ability to develop / optimize welding parameters for specific joints to support welders
- Assist in selection of welding components
- Assist in tech reviews with Welding Equipment supplier
- Assist in weld sequence development to minimize distortion
- Set up weld validation procedures (Frequency of cut up, location of cuts, methods)
- Monitor weld validation results (Microscope, Saw, polishing equipment, etching compound, measurement methodology)
- Requires an engineering degree in mechanical, metallurgy, industrial or similar engineering field is strongly preferred
- Requires 3 years titanium welding experience
- Proficiency with CAD Solidworks and CATIA
- Strong understanding of Welding Specifications AWS-D17.1-2017
Equal Opportunity Employer