- Department: Production
- Division: Service Center
- Type: Full-time Hourly
- Location: Alpharetta, GA, USA
Samuel Son & Co., is Growing! ARE YOU LOOKING for a rewarding career opportunity with a family run, Industry leading organization that has been in business for over 160 years!
Bring your strong experience and motivated attitude to Samuel Son & Co.
If you think you have what it takes to become part of our team, please apply with your resume below.
Here is some of what we have to offer:
- Competitive hourly compensation
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(K) plan with company match
- Paid vacation
- Opportunity for advancement and career growth
The Material Handler will ensure that product going through the shipping department is processed correctly and safely. Also handle material in a safe manner without causing any damage to the material. Ensuring material is moved in a safe and timely manner all over the warehouse.
- Forklift pre-checklist must be done before getting on the forklift.
- At the start of your shift make sure all tools needed to start your shift are in place.
- Proper PPE must be worn at all times.
- Make sure you have all orders/pick tickets needed to get started in the shipping department.
- Retrieve material from the staging area and put on the shipping table for processing.
- The control plan for the Shipping Department must be followed at all times.
- All material listed on the orders/pick tickets must be mic’ed measured and counted.
- Must be able to stage material in outbound location with a forklift.
- Physically transition metal sheets to pallet and prepare pallet for transfer to either stock and or the shipping area for customer order completion / shipment
- Based on needs of the business, will be requested to work in other areas of the facility to support customer demand issues.
- Pick and pack orders using AS400.
- Any and all non-conformances with material / packaging items, or abnormalities with equipment function(s) are to be reported immediately to Supervision.
- Ensure a safe, clean working environment.
- Maintain a good work atmosphere.
- Adhere to all health and safety rules / regulations.
- Load and unload inbound and outbound freight off of flatbed and box trucks.
- Uses forklift, side loader to move material.
- Packing orders based on customer requirements.
- Basic, general understanding of company and customer specific requirements to material quality and ISO certification
- Forklift certification
- Ability to safely and accurately use, utility knife, strapping tool, hand shear, nail gun, hammer, circular saw, saws-all, miter / chop saw, calipers, measuring tape.
- High School education and or equivalent (GED)
- Capable of reading, writing and speaking the English language
- Ability to lift 50lbs maximum occasionally with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25lbs.
Equal Opportunity Employer