- Department: Production
- Division: Samuel Packaging Systems Group
- Type: Full-time Salaried
- Location: Cartersville, GA, USA
Samuel, Son & Co. is growing! If you're looking for a rewarding career opportunity with a family run, industry leading organization, bring your experience and motivated attitude to Samuel, Son & Co.
Due to our continued success, we are seeking a Warehouse Supervisor to join the team in Cartersville, GA. If you think you have what it takes to become part of our team, contact us today.
Here are some of what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Paid vacation and an annual bonus
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401(K) Plan with company match
- Opportunity for stability and career growth
You will be responsible for planning, organizing and controlling the assigned warehouses’ inventory operations. You will monitor the warehouses’ to ensure products are shipped and delivered in an accurate and timely manner. You will additionally analyze inventory levels by product to determine the proper reorder levels and safety stocks.
- Create and implement a warehouse strategy that emphasizes inventory and cost control.
- Analyze inventory levels and product demands to determine reorder levels and safety stocks that will ensure product availability and minimize inventory cost.
- Ensure procedures/processes/policies are consistent throughout all warehouses.
- Negotiate with various warehouses for preferential rates and services.
- Work with Logistics to evaluate freight costs associated with transportation to / from warehouses to ensure lowest costs.
- Review and update planning, production schedule and material requirements.
- Control / eliminate obsolete / slow moving inventory at each warehouse.
- Maintain appropriate receiving, inventory, picking, and loading and delivery methods.
- Ensure all health and safety requirements are met.
- Motivate and train staff to ensure an effective and efficient team.
- Ensure all warehouse personnel are sufficiently trained to perform job duties per work instructions, procedures, and policies.
- Develop continuous improvement strategies to meet and continually improve the warehouse’s overall goals and objectives.
- Manage the quantity and efficiency of storage and movement of goods, emphasizing a very neat and clean workplace.
- Find and implement cost reduction measures in all aspects of warehouse transactions and activities.
- 10-15 years experience in warehouse/shipping management
- 2 year Associate's degree preferred
- Excellent leadership, negotiation and organizational skills.
- Able to communicate with others.
- Ability to efficiently and effectively handle shifting and multiple priorities.
- Solid computer skills.
- Ability to lead and influence staff.
Equal Opportunity Employer