- Department Production
- Division: Service Center
- Type: Full-time Hourly
- Location: Columbia, TN, USA
Samuel Son & Co., is Growing! ARE YOU LOOKING for a rewarding career opportunity with a family run, Industry leading organization that has been in business for over 160 years!
Bring your strong experience and motivated attitude to Samuel Son & Co.
If you think you have what it takes to become part of our team, please apply with your resume below.
Here is some of what we have to offer:
- Competitive hourly compensation
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(K) plan with company match
- Paid vacation
- Opportunity for advancement and career growth
The Slitter Operator will operate the slitter line in a safe and efficient manner by following the Set Ups (SL's), directing the slitter crew and starting each shift with a clear coil car, ensuring a high level of quality and productivity on all inputs and outputs in accordance with Company, customer and product specifications.
- Ensures that Slitter Set Up person has mounted the correct knives and positioned them correctly onto slitting arbour.
- Makes adjustments to tables, conveyors and rollers to ensure that steel coil are properly positioned over the slitting knives.
- Directs the helper to monitor the process, tag and band finished coils and off load finished coils.
- Prepares entries to SL and other records of production activity as needed.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
- Constantly monitors cutting process to ensure accuracy of cut, “drop” of the coil and speed of the machine.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred. Requires more than 3 years of job related experience.
- Complies with the designated ISO/TS16949 responsibilities, environmental management system, health & safety and company rules and guidelines.
- Ensures company safety policies are adhered to and safe work habits are utilized by all department personnel and visitors. Wears personal protective equipment (PPE) as required at all times
- Maintains a high standard of general housekeeping consistent with 5S standards
- Strives for continuous improvement
Equal Opportunity Employer