- Department: Production
- Division: Samuel Stamping Technologies
- Type: Full-time Hourly
- Location: Hermitage, PA, USA
Samuel Son & Co., is Growing! ARE YOU LOOKING for a rewarding career opportunity with a family run, Industry leading organization that has been in business for over 160 years!
Bring your strong experience and motivated attitude to Samuel Son & Co.
If you think you have what it takes to become part of our team, please apply with your resume below.
Here is some of what we have to offer:
- Competitive hourly compensation
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(K) plan with company match
- Paid vacation
- Opportunity for advancement and career growth
Operate the slitter line in a safe and efficient manner by following the Set ups (SL's), directing the slitter crew, and starting each shift with a clear coil car. Assure a high level of quality and productivity on all inputs and outputs in accordance with Company, customer and product specifications.
- Ensures that Slitter Set Up person has mounted the correct knives and positioned them correctly onto slitting arbour.
- Makes adjustments to tables, conveyors and rollers to ensure that steel coil are properly positioned over the slitting knives.
- Directs the helper to monitor the process, tag and band finished coils and off load finished coils.
- Prepares entries to SL and other records of production activity as needed.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
- Constantly monitors cutting process to ensure accuracy of cut, “drop” of the coil and speed of the machine.
- Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformities relating to product, process and quality system.
- Identify and record any problems relating to the product, process and quality system.
- Initiate, recommend or provide solutions through designated channels.
- Verify the implementation of solutions.
- Control further processing, delivery or installation of nonconforming product until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
- Represent the needs of the customer in internal functions in addressing QS 9000 requirements.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ideal candidate will have 1 years’ experience operating a metal slitter.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer