- Department Production
- Division: Service Center
- Type: Full-time Hourly
- Location: Hermitage, PA, USA
If you're looking for a rewarding career opportunity with a family run, industry leading organization, bring your experience and motivated attitude to Samuel, Son & Co. Our Stamping facility in Hermitage is looking for a Slitter Operator to join their team. They offer a stable, team-oriented environment, 100% company paid medical premiums, and a great work atmosphere.
Operate the slitter line in a safe and efficient manner by following the Set ups (SL's), directing the slitter crew, and starting each shift with a clear coil car. Assure a high level of quality and productivity on all inputs and outputs in accordance with Company, customer and product specifications.
- Ensures that Slitter Set Up person has mounted the correct knives and positioned them correctly onto slitting arbour.
- Makes adjustments to tables, conveyors and rollers to ensure that steel coil are properly positioned over the slitting knives.
- Directs the helper to monitor the process, tag and band finished coils and off load finished coils.
- Prepares entries to SL and other records of production activity as needed.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
- Constantly monitors cutting process to ensure accuracy of cut, “drop” of the coil and speed of the machine.
- Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformities relating to product, process and quality system.
- Identify and record any problems relating to the product, process and quality system.
- Initiate, recommend or provide solutions through designated channels.
- Verify the implementation of solutions.
- Control further processing, delivery or installation of nonconforming product until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
- Represent the needs of the customer in internal functions in addressing QS 9000 requirements.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must have a minimum of 1 years’ experience operating a metal slitter.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer