- Department: Production
- Division: Service Center Automotive
- Type: Full-time Hourly
- Location: Columbia, TN, USA
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to join a growing metals manufacturing company? If so we want you to join our skilled manufacturing team at Samuel, and Son Co.!
We are seeking two Slitter Exit Operators at our Columbia, TN facility.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Paid Weekly, Direct Deposit
- Competitive pay rate - 2ND AND 3RD SHIFTS HAVE A $1 PREMIUM
- Paid Overtime
- Vacation time
- Paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits after 30 days
- 401K Plan with a company match of 5%
- Annual Safety Boot Allowance
- Brand new, clean, bright state of the art facility with new machinery and equipment
- Opportunity for stability and career growth
- Assists Slitter Operator to prepare processing line for production run.
- Monitors slitting process for possible defects. Drop of coil in and out of pit, and take up off finished coil.
- Bands finished coils as directed by Slitter Operator.
- Operates table and mechanical equipment to remove finished coils from slitter
- Assists Banding Line Operator in moving finished coils to turn-style table for final packaging.
- Assists Slitter Operator in the completion of SL's and logs.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Metals processing experience required.
- 6 months to 1+ year of job related experience a highlighted asset.
- Computer software experience – AS400 a highlighted asset
- Willingness to learn
- Attention to detail
Samuel, Son & Co. is a 165-year-old, privately-owned, leading metals and industrial products manufacturer, processor and distributor committed to delivering high quality products at a competitive price. However, what truly sets Samuel apart is our superior service. We believe in working with our customers to understand their challenges so that we can develop the right solution for their business need – every time. Of course, we couldn’t do this without the help of our people. With 125 locations, and over 6500+ employees, our people are the source of our strength, vitality and reputation - it is their passion and commitment that drives the Samuel business and the exceptional customer experience we offer.
Samuel is an EEO/AA employer - M/F/Disabled/Vet