- Department: Production
- Division: Main Steel
- Type: Full-time Hourly
- Location: Riverside, CA, USA
The Shipper/Reciever verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment by performing the following duties to quality and productivity standards.
• Operates required equipment to package, convey, move or hoist materials to proper areas
• Examines and routes incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages and corresponds with appropriate personnel to rectify damages and shortages.
• Performs all computer functions necessary to track various aspects of goods
• Supports the shipment of goods produced and the received goods and supplies to be used in or to aid in the production/storage of goods destined for sale to our customer base
• Reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor
• Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations
• Minimum of a high school education and 1-2 years of experience in shipping and receiving
• Ability to read and write English, follow verbal instructions and use simple math.
• Organizational Skills
• Technical Capacity
• Time Management
• Communication Proficiency
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
This is a full-time position normally working Monday through Friday with shift times determined by the plant manager. This position is eligible for overtime pay after working 40 hours in a week.
Equal Opportunity Employer