- Department Production
- Division: Main Steel
- Type: Full-time Hourly
- Location: Atlanta, GA, USA
If you're looking for a rewarding career opportunity with a family run, industry leading organization, bring your experience and motivated attitude to Main Steel and Samuel, Son & Co.
Due to our continued success, we are looking for a Shipper/Recevier to join our team in Atlanta, GA.
Here is just some of what we have to offer:
- Stable, team-oriented environment
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401(K) Plan with company match
- Opportunity for career stability with a 150+ year old family run company
This position verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment by performing the following duties to quality and productivity standards.
- Operate required equipment to package, convey, move or hoist materials to proper areas
- Examine and routes incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages and corresponds with appropriate personnel to rectify damages and shortages.
- Perform all computer functions necessary to track various aspects of goods
- Support the shipment of goods produced and the received goods and supplies to be used in or to aid in the production/storage of goods destined for sale to our customer base
- Report defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations
- Minimum of a high school education and 1-2 years of experience in shipping and receiving
- Must have previous forklift and overhead crane experience
- Ability to read and write English, follow verbal instructions and use simple math
- Organizational Skills
- Technical Capacity
- Time Management
- Communication Proficiency
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
- This is a full-time position normally working Monday through Friday with shift times determined by the plant manager. This position is eligible for overtime pay after working 40 hours in a week.
Equal Opportunity Employer