- Department: Production
- Division: Service Center USA
- Type: Full-time Hourly
- Location: Lancaster, NY, USA
Operate the shear and properly cut material to customer specifications.
• Perform all safety checks at the start of each shift.
• Set up and operate shear equipment in accordance with all operating procedures.
• Inspect material for compliance with specifications for each order.
• Fill out proper documentation for all orders.
• Perform housekeeping and other related duties assigned.
• Operate forklift and crane to load and unload material as needed.
• Perform preventive maintenance and minor repairs as required.
• Assist in various other duties as assigned
• Reading and Writing literacy required. Strong communication skills.
• Ability to lift objects up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to read/use micrometers, calipers, measuring tape, hand tools, and pneumatic tools.
• Above average mechanical aptitude and math skills, with an emphasis of fractions and decimals.
• Ability to follow instructions and directions in a fast-paced environment to meet team expectations.
• Experience operating CNC machinery. Experience operating shear, saw or other cutting equipment is a plus.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs (22.7kg) maximum occasionally with frequent lifting, pushing and/or carrying of objects.
Equal Opportunity Employer