- Department Project Management
- Division: CAID Industries
- Type: Full-time Salaried
- Location: Tucson, AZ, USA
CAID Industries, a division of Samuel, Son & Co. is growing! If you’re looking for a rewarding career opportunity with a family run, industry leading organization, bring your experience and motivated attitude to Samuel, Son & Co.
Due to our continued success, we are seeking a Project Manager to join the Automation team in Tucson, AZ. If you think you have what it takes to become part of the team, contact us today.
Here is some of what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Paid vacation and an annual bonus
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401(K) plan with company match
- Opportunity for stability and career growth
As a Senior Project Manager with CAID's Automation division, you will work cross functionally with all functions in the business in the development of proposals to our customers which meet their assembly system needs. You will serve as the main point of contact for the customer through the design, build, assembly, debug and installation of the equipment. Every project brings unique challenges where great creativity is required. You have the opportunity to impact a number of different industries through your work.
- Acts as the primary point of contact to our customers for the projects assigned
- Understands customer specifications and objective of the project.
- Establishes and executes the project within the customer time requirements.
- Responsible for the quality and commercial success of projects.
- Responsible to ensure financial success and profitability of the projects.
- Ability to effectively communicate internally and externally.
- Provides bi-weekly project status reports to include schedule, resources and budget to the management team.
- Provides regular status reports and conduct project meetings with customers.
- Maintains and keeps the published schedule.
- Maintains all project documentation in a company standard format.
- Manages scope through the change order process.
- Participates in sales activities as needed.
- Responsible for requesting project invoicing and tracking payments.
- Responsible for the overall performance of the delivered system.
- Develops customer relationships, and develops long term partnerships.
- Will manage multiple project simultaneously
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Project Management Certification preferred but not required
- 5+ years' experience within the industrial automation industry, with preference given for Systems Engineering experience
- Must be comfortable in a fast paced, customer deadline driven, quality focused environment
- High speed assembly experience (cycle times of .5 to 3 seconds) a strong asset
- Superior organizational skills with experience using project management tools
- Demonstrated customer service/relation skills required
- Experience working cross functionally with different departments
- Effective verbal, written, and communication skills
- Strong sense of integrity in all interactions and communications
- Flexible and adaptable to changing customer and business needs
- Valid State Driver's License required
- Citizen status must be ITAR eligible
- Must be able to travel up to 25% of the time with the ability to cross international borders (Passport required)
This is a Safety Sensitive position:
- A Safety Sensitive position is a job or position where the employee holding this position has the responsibility for his/her own safety or other people's safety. It would be particularly dangerous if such an employee is using drugs or alcohol while on job. An employee has to be with clear mind and diligent while occupying such positions.
Equal Opportunity Employer