- Department Human Resources
- Division: Service Center
- Type: Full-time Salaried
- Location: Woodridge, IL, USA
Samuel, Son & Co. is growing! If you’re looking for a rewarding career opportunity with a family run, industry leading organization, bring your experience and motivated attitude to Samuel, Son & Co.
Due to our continued success, we are adding a Senior Human Resources Business Partner to our growing HR team to support our US Service Centers, based in Woodridge, IL. If you think you have what it takes to become part of the team, contact us today.
Here is some of what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Paid vacation and an annual bonus
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401(K) plan with company match
- Opportunity for stability and career growth
The Senior Human Resources Business Partner provides full-scope lead HR representation to one or more Samuel US Service Center P&Ls. Serves as business partner to leadership on tactical to strategic issues while acting as employer and employee advocate.
- Employee Relations: builds relationships at all levels of the business, engaging equally well with senior leadership and warehouse workforce. Works with business leadership to understand and apply fair and consistent treatment of employees in context of policy, precedent, and in balance of advocating for the employee and the Company. Ensures HR has an intermittent, proactive presence in the supported branches.
- Employee Relations: investigates, reports on and recommends remedial course of action to resolve employee relations conflict, ranging from one-dimensional to complex.
- Employee Relations: fields and responds to employee inquiries from across the USSC; refers issues as appropriate to HR Director or others according the HR Escalation Policy.
- Change Management: partners with leadership on the effective management of change in the business; drives and supports the formulation and delivery of communication and engagement with the workforce to facilitate and ease transformative or disruptive business initiatives.
- Change Management: leads or supports country or enterprise-level HR project work
- Policy & Procedure: actively leads and contributes to definition and refinement of HR policy and procedure. Identifies areas for process creation where it does not currently exist, or process enhancement where needed – and drives development, implementation and adoption in the business.
- Policy & Procedure: partners with and counsels business leadership in the interpretation and fair & consistent application of Company policy and process.
- Policy & Procedure: engages fellow Samuel HR team members in the identification, sharing and application of best practices. Identifies opportunities to involve HR and flex the department's strategic muscles in major business efforts.
- Recruiting: partners with hiring managers, liaises with internal and external recruiting resources to source, identify, evaluate and onboard key talent. Ensures all steps in the process are carried out in an internally and externally compliant fashion.
- Recruiting: ensures business leadership understands and adheres to all components of the talent acquisition process
- Training & Development: Delivers leadership and employee training programs. Develops or directs the development of supporting materials and collateral as needed. Administers program logistics.
- Benefits: partnering with HR Coordinator and Director, plays a key role in annual open enrollment, ensuring employees and leaders understand the process and any relevant or impactful plan changes, driving timely and complete participation.
- Benefits: develops and maintains total understanding of Company benefits menu. Addresses employee concerns or questions about employee benefit programs, ensuring timely and accurate responses. Creates and leverages plan educational materials as needed.
- Benefits: contributes to regular/annual review and analysis of employee benefit offerings.
- Leave Administration: partners with HR Coordinator in the administration of employee leaves: FMLA, STD, LTD etc. Contributes to program review and revision as appropriate.
- Systems: develops and flexes systems reporting skills as needed to support business decisions.
- Compliance: contributes to annual compliance reporting requirements, including but not limited to AAP, VETS-4212, and EEO-1.
- Compliance: ensures compliance with the region's in-branch state, federal and Samuel posting requirements, e.g. Poster Guard.
- Administrative: administers the region's employee service award program.
- Development: maintains and updates job knowledge and HR acumen by identifying opportunities for personal professional development and continuing education, builds professional network (internal and external), participates in professional organizations.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High degree of fluency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook required
- ADP and ADP Reporting (or similar HCM/ERM) experience preferred
- Sharepoint experience preferred
- Bachelor's Degree preferred or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years' of increasing responsibility in human resources profession.
- Previous experience in a distribution or manufacturing environment preferred.
- Periodic travel within North America (including Canada) of up to 20% required.
- Ability to self-start and self-motivate under very limited supervision required.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle pressures of deadlines, diverse assignment loads and high work volumes.
- Excellent ability to independently problem solve and troubleshoot required.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
- Ability to prioritize and switch directions, work independently and demonstrate initiative.
- Project Coordination/Management experience strongly recommended.
- Strong vendor management skills required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is critical.
- Office environment. Attends customer and association meetings as necessary.
- Regular visits to plant, warehouse and heavy metal processing centers required, which may demand prolonged exposure to outdoor and non-climate controlled areas.
- May rarely need to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Strong communication skills
- Strong people skills
- Ability to be tactfully assertive and exercise indirect authority
- Maintains superior and updated employment and labor law knowledgebase.
Equal Opportunity Employer