- Department Human Resources
- Division: Samuel Packaging Systems Group
- Type: Full-time Salaried
- Location: Woodridge, IL, USA
Samuel, Son & Co. is growing! If you’re looking for a rewarding career opportunity with a family run, industry leading organization, bring your experience and motivated attitude to Samuel, Son & Co.
Due to our continued success, we are seeking a Senior Human Resources Business Partner to join our growing Packaging Systems Group in Woodridge, IL. If you think you have what it takes to become part of the team, contact us today.
Here is some of what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Paid vacation and an annual bonus
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401(K) plan with company match
- Opportunity for stability and career growth
The Senior Human Resources Business Partner provides full-scope lead HR representation to Packaging Systems Group (PSG) locations and serves as business partner to leadership on tactical to strategic issues while acting as employer and employee advocate.
- Employee Relations: builds relationships at all levels of the business, engaging equally well with senior leadership and warehouse workforce. Works with business leadership to understand and apply fair and consistent treatment of employees in context of policy, precedent, and in balance of advocating for the employee and the Company. Ensures HR has an intermittent, proactive presence in the supported branches.
- Employee Relations: investigates, reports on and recommends remedial course of action to resolve employee relations conflict, ranging from one-dimensional to complex.
- Employee Relations: fields and responds to employee inquiries from across Packaging (PSG); refers issues as appropriate to HR Director or others according the HR Escalation Policy.
- Change Management: partners with leadership on the effective management of change in the business; drives and supports the formulation and delivery of communication and engagement with the workforce to facilitate and ease transformative or disruptive business initiatives.
- Change Management: leads or supports country or enterprise-level HR project work
- Policy & Procedure: actively leads and contributes to definition and refinement of HR policy and procedure. Identifies areas for process creation where it does not currently exist, or process enhancement where needed – and drives development, implementation and adoption in the business.
- Policy & Procedure: partners with and counsels business leadership in the interpretation and fair & consistent application of Company policy and process.
- Policy & Procedure: engages fellow Samuel HR team members in the identification, sharing and application of best practices. Identifies opportunities to involve HR and flex the department's strategic muscles in major business efforts.
- Recruiting: partners with COE and hiring managers to support the development and implementation of staffing strategies to ensure effective recruitment, screening, selection and retention of quality employees. Ensures all steps in the process are carried out in an internally and externally compliant fashion.
- Training & Development: Delivers leadership and employee training programs. Develops or directs the development of supporting materials and collateral as needed. Administers program logistics.
- Systems: develops and flexes systems reporting skills as needed to support business decisions.
- Compliance: contributes to annual compliance reporting requirements, including but not limited to AAP, VETS-4212, and EEO-1.
- Compliance: ensures compliance with the region's in-branch state, federal and Samuel posting requirements, e.g. Poster Guard.
- Development: maintains and updates job knowledge and HR acumen by identifying opportunities for personal professional development and continuing education, builds professional network (internal and external), participates in professional organizations.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High degree of fluency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook required
- ADP and ADP Reporting (or similar HCM/ERM) experience preferred
- Sharepoint experience preferred
- Periodic travel within North America (including Canada) of up to 15% required.
- Ability to self-start and self-motivate under very limited supervision required.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle pressures of deadlines, diverse assignment loads and high work volumes.
- Excellent ability to independently problem solve and troubleshoot required.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
- Ability to prioritize and switch directions, work independently and demonstrate initiative.
- Project Coordination/Management experience strongly recommended.
- Strong vendor management skills required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is critical.
- Credible and savvy businessperson who will be perceived as a trusted consultant and functional expert to senior management.
- An individual with a great sense of humor who likes to have fun.
- Office environment. Attends customer and association meetings as necessary.
- Regular visits to plant, warehouse and heavy metal processing centers required, which may demand prolonged exposure to outdoor and non-climate controlled areas.
- May rarely need to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Strong communication skills
- Strong people skills
- Ability to be tactfully assertive and exercise indirect authority
- Maintains superior and updated employment and labor law knowledge base.
Equal Opportunity Employer