- Department: Production
- Division: Service Center USA
- Type: Full-time Hourly
- Location: Rochester, NY, USA
2nd Shift: 12:30PM – 9:00PM
The Saw Operate will operate the plate saw and cut metal to meet customer quality and delivery requirements.
• Review work order to determine customer size, thickness, quality and packaging needs.
• Ensure material pulled from inventory is utilized effectively and returned to correct location.
• Calculate plate utilization to minimize material waste.
• Perform regular quality / measurement checks to ensure orders meet customer requirements.
• Perform regular daily operator maintenance to ensure uptime.
• Work in a team setting and with a sense of urgency to meet customer requirements
• Use RF Scan Unit to locate material in AS400 system
• Use Computer Program for to pick / process / pack orders
• Follow all safety policies, wear PPE and following procedures consistently. Maintain a clean and organized work area to reduce risk of injury or material damage
• Other related duties and responsibilities as required or assigned
• Machine operation / set up experience. Prior metal cutting experience is a plus.
• Experience operating a Fork Lift / Side Loader. Overhead crane experience is a plus.
• Perform math using decimals to determine plate optimization
• Able to read tape measure to 1/32 and calipers to measurements to the ten thousandth of an inch
• Standing for long periods of time. Bending, stooping, pushing and lifting up to 50Lbs. Able to climb in and out of side loaders and fork trucks.
Equal Opportunity Employer