- Department: Sales
- Division: Service Center US
- Type: Full-time Salaried
- Location: Chicago, IL, USA
Samuel, Son & Co. is growing! If you're looking for a rewarding career opportunity with a family run, industry leading organization, bring your experience and motivated attitude to Samuel, Son & Co.
Due to our continued success, we are seeking a Sales Representative in Chicago, Il to strengthen or presence in the nonferrous metals market. If you think you have what it takes to become part of our team, contact us today.
Here is some of what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Paid vacation and an annual bonus
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401(K) Plan with company match
- Opportunity for stability and career growth
As the Sales Representative for Samuel Son & Co., you will develop the business and grow sales while providing support and exceptional customer service to all of your customers. Your experience in sales of nonferrous metals will help jumpstart your success in this role, while your ability to work cross functionally and develop relationships will see that you get support you need to deliver to your customer’s expectations.
- Support GM & Business Development pursuing opportunities for new business including lead generation and initial customer contact for Samuel
- Accompany sales/business development on customer visits as necessary
- Support GM & BD in quoting process
- Contract Review - Verify feasibility of customer purchase orders to original quote supplied.
- Process and enter customer orders into the quote system and AS400 system
- Review/Update customer’s weekly releases and maintain or enter orders accordingly
- Monitor orders in the AS400 system on progress and provide status updates to customers
- Execute each order to achieve 100% on time delivery to our customer
- Ensure customer requirements are set up and produced in a timely manner for on time delivery
- Communicate with logistics department daily to ensure that loads are covered / call customers to keep them informed of any issues
- Review account activity and status daily/ Review account finished goods and master coil inventory levels monthly
- Issue Purchase Requisitions to Purchasing when material needs to be purchased to cover customer requirements based on forecasting/releases
- Maintain pricing in the AS400 / Ensure that contract review is completed on all new purchase orders / Review contracts and update pricing accordingly on orders and spreadsheets per agreement of the contract
- Monitor all open orders / Close inactive or complete orders / Solve any issues
- Review exceptions on Gross Margin report and report to Controller of costing concerns
- Provide support to customers as needed, including troubleshooting, customer claims and documentation requests.
- Other duties / projects as assigned
- 3+ years of sales/customer service experience in the steel industry
- Experience working in an ISO 9001:2015 certified environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications – Excel, Word, Outlook
- Familiarity with ERP systems is an asset
- The ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Good organization, and time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines
Equal Opportunity Employer