- Department Procurement
- Division: Service Center
- Type: Full-time Salaried
- Location: Denver, CO, USA
Samuel, Son & Co. is growing! If you’re looking for a rewarding career opportunity with a family run, industry leading organization, bring your experience and motivated attitude to Samuel, Son & Co.
Due to our continued success, we are seeking a Regional Procurement Manager to join the Western USA team. As a regional position, this role is available to be based out of the following locations:
- Portland, OR
- Denver, CO
- Hayward, CA
- Los Angeles, CA
Here is some of what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Paid vacation and an annual bonus
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401(K) plan with company match
- Opportunity for stability and career growth
Reporting to Regional Vice President, this role is responsible for leading and executing procurement and supply chain strategies within the region. The role acts as a pivotal support function and enabler within the region on key procurement processes, commodity strategy development and execution, procurement and supply chain governance. This role drives strong collaboration between commodity procurement/supply chain teams and plant/local procurement and supply management teams.
- Responsible for providing procurement and supply chain leadership within the region.
- Develops solid understanding of the regional business needs, challenges and complexities and builds commodity leverage within the region to secure best cost.
- In support of the sales department, develops and maintains strong internal and external customer focus.
- Aligns with commodity procurement teams to develop procurement strategies for Carbon, Aluminum and Stainless Steel commodities. Participates in the development of enterprise-wide commodity leverage at the sub-commodity level.
- Aligns with VP Metal Supply Chain to deploy metal supply chain practices within the region and drive improvements, specifically inventory efficiency.
- Provides Procurement and Supply Chain Leadership and guidance to branch/local procurement professionals.
- Actively participates in commodity and supply chain councils; develops synergies, drives standardization of best practices and processes.
- Ensures procurement practices at the local/plant organizations are consistent with enterprise wide procurement practices in terms of governance, supplier relationship and performance management.
- Reviews and ensures supply side contracts and inventory replenishment commitments are consistent with business needs, sales forecasts and inventory targets.
- Manages supplier scorecards to measure and improve supplier performance.
- Provides procurement & supply chain activity and performance update regional and branch business leads.
- Coach and mentor regional procurement teams
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor's in Business, Supply Chain, Finance or related field or equivalent work experience
- 10 or more years of progressive procurement experience or commodity expertise, ideally within metal processing, Mill/Service Center industries.
- Multi-commodity experience in Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel and or Aluminum preferred
- Prior experience in buying steel, aluminum commodities directly from Mills, Metal Service Centers will be of significant advantage
- Leadership experience of developing and managing teams in multi-site operations and matrix reporting structure.
- Understands supply chain concepts as related to inventory management and risk mitigation. Have gained very good understanding of forecasting and replenishment concepts as part of a supply chain organization directly or indirectly.
- Data driven with strong analytical skills; able to generate a wide range reports and process data that forms the basis for solid decision making
- Solid understanding of concepts such as cost drivers and cost analysis
- A proponent of change who can introduce modern procurement concepts and influence people
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Possess the ability to work with minimum supervision
- Good organization and time management skills as well as the ability to meet deadlines
- Prior ERP experience: SAP/MS Dynamics/JDE
Equal Opportunity Employer