- Department: Quality
- Division: Missouri Metals
- Type: Full-time Hourly
- Location: St. Louis, MO, USA
We are one of the largest privately held metal processors in North America and we’re looking to expand our team. We offer a friendly team culture, competitive benefits package, and the stability that comes with being part of the Samuel, Son & Company family.
The Quality Inspector will have experience with assessing dimensional tolerances using precision measuring instruments and the ability to interpret engineering drawings.
- Conduct dimensional inspections of all types of machined or formed parts, and tooling that is fabricated in-house or furnished by a supplier, using standard inspection equipment or fixtures, gages, Blue Prints and customer specifications.
- Document results and maintain proper records in accordance with standard industry practice and within the scope of ISO 9001/ AS9100 and customer requirements.
- Perform AS9102 first article inspection using a variety of measuring equipment.
- Able to do sheet metals layout for the purpose of inspection (surface plate layout Inspection).
- Interact with and present parts to customer auditing and source personnel.
- Related duties as assigned
- Must be able to inspect tools, parts and assemblies throughout the manufacturing system that includes in-process, receiving, and final inspection.
- Proficiency with precision measuring instruments that include micrometers, vernier and dial calipers, surface plates, height gages, dial indicators, protractors, hardness testers and sheet metals layout equipment and any other measuring and test equipment used to assure product conformity.
- Must be able to interpret customer specifications.
- Must be able to interpret engineering drawings for inspection purposes.
- Must be able to work unsupervised and maintain the inspection area.
- Must be able to handle several projects or assignments at the same time.
- Must be able to work overtime when required.
- Basic computer skills
- Minimum 3 years experience in the quality field
- Must have basic understanding of CAD systems and CMM experience
- Must have an understanding of geometric tolerance (GD&T).
- Ability to spend 80% of the day on feet
- Ability to lift 50 lbs (22.7kg) maximum occasionally with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs (11.3kg).
Equal Opportunity Employer