- Department: Purchasing
- Division: Service Center USA
- Type: Full-time Hourly
- Location: Alpharetta, GA, USA
Samuel, Son & Co. is growing! If you’re looking for a rewarding career opportunity with a family run, industry leading organization, bring your experience and motivated attitude to Samuel, Son & Co.
Due to our continued success, we are seeking a Purchasing Coordinator to join the team in Alpharetta, GA. If you think you have what it takes to become part of the team, contact us today.
Here is some of what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Paid vacation and an annual bonus
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401(K) plan with company match
- Opportunity for stability and career growth
The Purchasing Coordinator is responsible for leading and executing procurement and supply chain strategies within the branch. The role acts as a pivotal support function and enabler within the branch on key procurement processes, commodity strategy execution, operating within procurement guidelines and policies. This role drives strong collaboration between all Procurement management teams, the business unit General Manager and the sales department.
• Responsible for identifying and procurement of goods and services that the organization requires.
• Develops solid understanding of the business needs, builds commodity leverage within the region to secure best cost.
• Develops and maintains strong internal and external customer focus.
• Aligns with regional Procurement Manager in the execution of procurement strategies for Carbon, Aluminum, Stainless Steel, and Indirect commodities.
• Participates in the development of enterprise-wide commodity leverage at the sub-commodity level.
• Takes lead in the demand planning process at the branch level for bundled standard items, contracted business and day to day transactional procurement activities.
• Identify material/service needs of the organization, find service providers who can supply, negotiate prices and arrange for purchase and delivery of the goods.
• Create, issue and filing of all purchase orders in a timely fashion.
• Coordinating with sales group on contractual business and corresponding inventory levels.
• Provide supplier pricing and lead times to sales group on all customer inquiries.
• Aligns with regional Procurement Manager to deploy metal supply chain practices within the branch and drive improvements, specifically inventory efficiency.
• Takes ownership for the inventory performance in the branch.
• Provides Procurement and Supply Chain Leadership and guidance to sales group.
• Maintain all open purchase orders to ensure accuracy and expected delivery dates are kept current.
• Ensures procurement practices at the local/plant organizations are consistent with enterprise wide procurement practices in terms of execution and processes.
• Reviews and ensures supply side contracts and inventory replenishment commitments are consistent with business needs, sales forecasts and inventory targets.
• Manages quarterly supplier scorecards to measure supplier performance.
• Provides procurement & supply chain activity on all out for processing requirements.
• Provides expediting and logistics support to the branch as it relates to all inbound metal freight.
• Daily review of branch inventory and open orders.
• Other responsibilities as assigned
• High School diploma required, Supply Chain or related field or equivalent work experience
• 5 or more years of progressive procurement experience or commodity expertise, ideally within metal processing, Mill/Service Center industries.
• Multi-commodity experience in Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel and or Aluminum preferred
• Prior experience in buying steel, aluminum commodities directly from Mills, Metal Service Centers will be of significant advantage
• Excellent planning and organizational skills
• Understands supply chain concepts as related to inventory management and risk mitigation. Have gained very good understanding of forecasting and replenishment concepts as part of a supply chain organization directly or indirectly.
• Data driven with strong analytical skills; able to generate a wide range reports and process data that forms the basis for solid decision making
• Solid understanding of concepts such as cost drivers and cost analysis
• A proponent of change who can introduce modern procurement concepts and influence people
• Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
• Possess the ability to work with minimum supervision
• Good organization and time management skills as well as the ability to meet deadlines
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Strong negotiation and communication skills
Equal Opportunity Employer