- Department Engineering
- Division: Samuel Pressure Vessel Group
- Type: Full-time Salaried
- Location: Lebanon, VA, USA
Samuel, Son & Co. is growing! If you’re looking for a rewarding career opportunity with a family run, industry leading organization, bring your experience and motivated attitude to Samuel, Son & Co.
Due to our continued success, we are seeking a Project Manager to join the Samuel Pressure Vessel Group in Lebanon, VA. If you think you have what it takes to become part of the team, contact us today.
Here is some of what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Paid vacation and an annual bonus
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401(K) plan with company match
- Opportunity for stability and career growth
To develop engineered documents that accurately reflect the product needs of the customer as well as any third party organizations. The Project Manager will become involved primarily with products outside of scope of normal customer requirements. They will act as a liaison between necessary PVG departments and personnel to ensure all facets of such projects are coordinated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. The Project Manager will have primary responsibility for the completion of the projects to which he is assigned. The Project Manager will also support the Engineering Manager with special projects.
- Assist in definition of project scope and objectives involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress.
- Coordinate (either directly or via the customer) the involvement of any necessary outside agencies. This involvement would include receipt of any necessary document approvals, coordination of on-site inspection visits, etc.
- Monitor and report status of project from inception to shipment. Additionally, any delays shall be reported to the Engineering Manager, regardless of what department they may involve.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for flawless execution of projects.
- Assist Engineering Manager with special projects including Engineering process improvements, customer design services, etc.
- Manage changes to project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
- This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management, as required. Staffing of positions to be determined by Company, as requirements warrant.
- Position is required to understand the ISO system and the elements that affect the job.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, PC based word processing and timelines.
- Effective use of the ERP system is also required.
- Should have basic understanding of shop equipment and machinery capabilities.
- 2+ years manufacturing floor experience.
- Highly skilled with Microsoft excel.
- Must be very proficient working with computers.
- 2+ year degree in Industrial Engineering or similar field preferred., or 2+ years Project Management experience.
- Ability to manage a schedule to ensure critical path activities are moving forward.
- Time management and organization to handle multiple tasks at once.
Equal Opportunity Employer