- Department: Production
- Division: Samuel Packaging Systems Group
- Type: Full-time Hourly
- Location: Heath, OH, USA
Samuel, Son & Co. is growing! If you’re looking for a rewarding career opportunity with a family run, industry leading organization, bring your experience and motivated attitude to Samuel, Son & Co.
Due to our continued success, we are seeking a Production Supervisor to join the team in Heath, OH. If you think you have what it takes to become part of the team, contact us today.
Here is some of what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Paid vacation and an annual bonus
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401(K) plan with company match
- Opportunity for stability and career growth
This is a primary leadership role for experienced team members that are expected to have working knowledge of safety, training, manufacturing process and equipment. This team member will be leading all aspects of a production crew in addition to holding responsibility for safety, quality, production goals and process control.
- Emphasize, lead and train on a safe and clean workplace.
- Expected to possess knowledge of appropriate safety policies and procedures and enforce said policies and procedures at all times.
- Ensure personnel are sufficiently trained to perform job duties per work instructions, procedures and policies for safe and quality performance.
- Develop continuous improvement strategies to meet and continually improve towards the plants overall goals and objectives and ensure quality of all products produced.
- Drive waste out of operation and leverage standard work.
- Utilize and drive ISO process to complete daily jobs.
Leadership and Performance
- Lead, train and develop (5-20) personnel with the knowledge and skills to make decisions at all levels in production, promoting avenues of advancement with all production personnel.
- Design and develop appropriate staffing levels and supervise placements in support of production and delivery requirements.
- Understand and communicate financial acumen to engage all team members in productivity initiatives.
- Foster an environment of accountability, partnership and inclusion in terms of performance, attendance and conduct.
- Review and approve employee hours for payroll.
- Other related duties and responsibilities as required or assigned
- Production Lead, Production Operators/Printer Technicians & Production Team Members
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations Management OR 5 years of manufacturing and/or supervisor experience is preferred.
- Experience using line operation and troubleshooting techniques preferred.
- Excellent computer & math skills.
- Able to adapt in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Forklift Certification preferred.
- Sit and operate a forklift periodically throughout the day.
- Lift 25-10 lbs. periodically.
- Required to use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) used at all times (steel toed boots, safety eyewear, hearing protection and long pants)
- The noise level in the work environment is sometimes loud, proper PPE will be made available.
- The environment temperature varies from wet and dry, high heat condition, and extremely cold conditions. Employee must be capable of working within these conditions.
- Some outdoor exposure is required.
Equal Opportunity Employer