- Department: Production
- Division: Associated Tube Group
- Type: Full-time Salaried
- Location: Birmingham, AL, USA
Samuel, Son & Co.'s Associated Tube Group is growing! If you’re looking for a rewarding career opportunity with a family run, industry leading organization, bring your experience and motivated attitude to Samuel, Son & Co.
Due to our continued success, we are seeking a Production Manager to join the team in Birmingham, AL. If you think you have what it takes to become part of the team, contact us today.
Here is some of what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Paid vacation and an annual bonus
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401(K) plan with company match
- Opportunity for stability and career growth
The Production Manager is responsible for the leadership and management of one of our five production departments that range from 7 – 45 associates. The Production Manager will be responsible for working closely with all levels and departments across the organization, including sales, scheduling, shipping, finance and HR to ensure that their group produces a high-quality product efficiently and safely.
- Responsible for the development, supervision, coordination, management and oversight of their assigned department.
- Identifies immediate and potential safety hazards and takes appropriate steps to control and/or eliminate them in a timely manner.
- Responsible for initiating, implementing and communicating ideas and recommendations for improvement in the current business and development of new business.
- Ensure adequate documentation exists for all processes and procedures. Ensure that there is adequate back-up for key positions within the department.
- Order materials, track materials, production and parts, schedule the work, make set-ups, develop training, handle day-to-day issues, and plan and establish standards for the department and the employees. The ability to adhere to a schedule and flexibility to effectively amend the schedule on short notice is required.
- Applies continuous improvement and lean principles in production planning (uptime, output), plant maintenance, scrap loss, etc.
- Responsible for all aspects of department personnel, including development, day-to-day work assignments, establishment of goals, evaluation, administration (safety, vacation, pay) and disciplinary matters.
- Ensures timely completion and timely submission of all documentation related to process.
- 8-10 years of supervisor experience in a manufacturing/industrial environment. Supervisory experience in an automotive manufacturing environment considered an asset.
- Minimum high-school diploma required. University degree in a related field preferred.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement and lean manufacturing. Six Sigma training considered an asset.
- Strong organizational, communication and leadership skills.
- Team work skills. Ability to demonstrate superior collaborative abilities to work with various departments within the organization.
- Effective problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Experience supervising in a unionized environment considered an asset.
Equal Opportunity Employer