- Department: Production
- Division: Service Center
- Type: Full-time Hourly
- Location: Columbia, TN, USA
Samuel, Son & Co. is growing! If you’re looking for a rewarding career opportunity with a family run, industry leading organization, bring your experience and motivated attitude to Samuel, Son & Co.
Due to our continued success, we are seeking a Press Operator to join the team in Columbia, TN. If you think you have what it takes to become part of the team, contact us today.
Here is some of what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Paid vacation and an annual bonus
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401(K) plan with company match
- Opportunity for stability and career growth
The Press Operator operates Mechanical and/or Hydraulic Press that produces blanks as specified by the Customer and is detailed on the In-process check-sheet. The Operator is responsible for ensuring each member of his crew is performing their assigned tasks in accordance to the appropriate Safe Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Monitors machine operation ensuring blanks feed properly and machine operates safely.
- Maintains production board and completes all other related paperwork in accurate and neat manner.
- Arranges for material to be delivered to the line as required
- Confirms correct material is loaded onto the press line un-coiler.
- Follows set-up steps as described in production set-up information and QDC procedures.
- Performs First-off and Last-off conformance checks ensuring parts meet customer specifications.
- Performs Quality checks as per in process check sheets.
- Responsible for the safe & efficient operation of press line and all personnel.
- Ensures packaging meets customer specifications.
- Ensures proper tagging of finished parts and transfer to finished goods area.
- Leads team ensuring changeovers are done in an efficient manner with minimal downtime.
- Affixes Green OK to Ship tags once material has met all customer specifications, as required.
- Provides support to the continuous improvement efforts of the company, in order to improve performance of assigned jobs and remain competitive in the market place.
- Proven competent to operate a forklift and crane as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Complies with the designated ISO/TS16949 responsibilities, environmental management system, health & safety and company rules and guidelines.
- Ensures company safety policies are adhered to, and that all department personnel and visitors utilize safe work habits. Wears personal protective equipment (PPE) as required at all times
- Maintains a high standard of general housekeeping consistent with 5S standards.
- Strives for continuous improvement.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and 3 years of job related experience.
Please click here to apply directly. Please attach a resume to your email.
Equal Opportunity Employer