- Department Production
- Division: Samuel Packaging Systems Group
- Type: Full-tie Salaried
- Location: Fort Mill, SC, USA
Samuel, Son & Co. is growing! If you’re looking for a rewarding career opportunity with a family run, industry leading organization, bring your experience and motivated attitude to Samuel, Son & Co.
Due to our continued success, we are seeking a Plant Manager to join the Samuel Packaging Systems Group in Fort Mill, SC. If you think you have what it takes to become part of the team, contact us today.
Here is some of what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Paid vacation and an annual bonus
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401(K) plan with company match
- Opportunity for stability and career growth
The Plant Manager will oversee employees, production and efficiency, to make sure the plant is running smoothly, quickly, efficiently and safely.
- Maintain optimum operation through personnel hiring, training & delegation of key responsibilities
- Develop the optimal personnel skills / talent base to the operations business segments within the facility
- Evaluate areas in the plant to maximize efficiencies and eliminate waste
- Establish a safe working environment for all employees meeting and exceeding OSHA standards
- Maintain operations equipment with preventative and predictive structures in place
- Continually evaluate new technological advancements that can improve financial metrics within the operation
- Monitor raw material & finished goods inventories to insure on-time deliveries meet goal and inventory accuracies are intact.
- Evaluate monthly financials and enact changes necessary to increase profitability & efficiencies
- Institute all Best Business Practices within the operation
- Maintain a Quality system within the operation that instills a priority in an ISO structure where Quality demands respect
- Partner with a Procurement Department where vendor stability & competitive pricing is continually evaluated & accomplished
- Other related duties and responsibilities as required or assigned
- All plant employees at the plant location approximately 110 employees
- Bachelor's degree in industrial engineering, business administration or similar preferred
- Experience with plastic extrusion preferred
- Excellent Project Management skills
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills to have the ability to speak with employees, other department managers and senior management.
- Excellent Leadership Skills to motivate employees to keep operations running efficiently meeting defined business metrics
- Excellent Problem-Solving Skills, to be able to quickly ascertain a situation and be decisive in solving it, such as identifying defects in the production line.
- Excellent Time Management, to be able to face production deadlines, shipping dates and more and must manage their time accordingly
Working Conditions / Physical Requirements:
- Normal office environment and plant environment
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud, proper PPE will be available
- The environment temperature may vary in the plant
- Travel will be required at times in support of this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer