- Department Sales
- Division: Missouri Metals
- Type: Full-time Salaried
- Location: St. Louis, MO, USA
Missouri Metals, a division of Samuel, Son & Co. is growing! If you’re looking for a rewarding career opportunity with a family run, industry leading organization, bring your experience and motivated attitude to Samuel, Son & Co.
Due to our continued success, we are seeking an Outside Sales Representative to join the Aerospace team at Missouri Metals. If you think you have what it takes to become part of the team, contact us today. This opportunity is available for candidates based in the following locations:
- St. Louis, MO
- Charleston, SC
- Seattle, WA
- Los Angeles, CA
- Wichita, KS
Here is some of what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Paid vacation and an annual bonus
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401(K) plan with company match
- Opportunity for stability and career growth
The qualified candidate will be responsible for managing the overall sales, customer interaction, and profitability of accounts assigned to the candidate. You will engage with strategic OEM's and large Tier 1 accounts. This process will include selling opportunities and assertively act upon those that offer maximum potential and profit; assist in the development of target accounts and maintain strong working relationships with established customers. You will utilize telephone calling, emailing, facsimile and extensive face-to-face contact to ensure customer satisfaction. This position reports to the VP Aerospace, but also works closely with the estimating and operations groups at specific Samuel locations.
- Qualified candidates must have a minimum 7 years outside sales/customer service experience in the metals industry – Ideally, highly engineered metal component and assembly applications with large OEM and Tier 1 aerospace companies
- Qualified candidates must have the ability to develop new account relationships and expand business within an existing customer base.
- Aerospace market and product knowledge is required.
- General business acumen and demonstrated customer service aptitude is required.
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time when required
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively to a high volume of people,
- Strong written and verbal communication skills,
- Knowledge of MS Office applications specifically Word and Excel
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- The qualified candidate must also have the ability to negotiate effectively, educate customers about Samuel's products and services as well as have the ability to formulate sales quotes and proposals.
Equal Opportunity Employer