- Department: Sales
- Division: Service Center US
- Type: Full-time Salaried
- Location: Hayward, CA, USA
Samuel, Son & Co. is growing! If you’re looking for a rewarding career opportunity with a family run, industry leading organization, bring your experience and motivated attitude to Samuel, Son & Co.
Due to our continued success, we are seeking an Outside Sales Representative to join the team in Hayward, CA. If you think you have what it takes to become part of the team, contact us today.
Here is some of what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Paid vacation and an annual bonus
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401(K) plan with company match
- Opportunity for stability and career growth
A member of the Sales Team, the Outside Sales Representative will primarily focus on (1) the management of existing customers insuring high levels of satisfaction while increasing market share, and (2) the identification of new opportunities within a geographic region to profitably improve company revenues and dominant position in the Central Valley and East Bay Area. In addition, the Outside Sales Representative will work closely with Inside Sales to identify target markets and to develop a strategic plan for obtaining new business. This Outside Sales Representative is expected to be the primary catalyst for year-over-year sales growth from new customer opportunities.
- Support the mission and objectives of the Samuel Metals Distribution Team in the areas of account management, business growth and new market penetration.
- Develop, execute, and manage a comprehensive New Business Development Plan, paying particular attention to:
- The identification of markets and sectors which further develop and grow the territory.
- The identification of new opportunities that expand the Company's production and Value Added services offerings.
- The effective and timely reporting of new business development progress and expected outcomes.
- Maintaining and effectively managing current customer base in a highly competitive market.
- Prospecting for new accounts and developing existing customers.
- Demonstrate product and material processing knowledge.
- Plan daily sales call itinerary and prepare call reports as requested.
- Support the mission and objectives of the Company's Sales Planning by:
- Collaborating with team members to develop, execute, and manage a comprehensive plan to service, understand and provide feedback on assigned accounts.
- Gathering information and product specific data from customers to better understand product requirements.
- Work with Sales Team to provide pricing, credit terms, material availability and delivery schedules.
- Serving as the liaison between the Company and the customer.
- Developing and managing action plans that always include “next steps" for enhancing the Company's position within a customers' supply chain.
- College degree required, advanced business degree a plus.
- Previous experience in metals fabrication, production management, or technical selling is a strong plus. Flat rolled product knowledge is highly desired.
- Previous experience with manufacturing and metal forming a very strong plus.
- Daily sales calls within assigned territory and Home Office environment.
- Attend customer and association meetings as necessary.
- The successful candidate will be a self-motivated, strategic-thinking professional with a passion for identifying opportunity and creating business solutions.
- An experienced professional who can demonstrate business development success and a history of year-over-year sales growth.
- A proven hands-on leader; willing and capable of learning in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, including:
- Ability to understand and articulate prospect/customer requirements and expectations.
- Ability to assess a situation and to develop and present credible solutions.
- Ability to understand and explain basic financial and operational information.
- Ability to function in a multi-plant and multi-discipline environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer