- Department: Sales
- Division: Service Center
- Type: Full-time Salaried
- Location: Buffalo, NY, USA
Samuel, Son & Co. is growing! If you're looking for a rewarding career opportunity with a family run, industry leading organization, bring your experience and motivated attitude to Samuel, Son & Co.
Due to our continued success, we are seeking an Outside Sales Representative to serve our customers in New York state. If you think you have what it takes to become part of our team, contact us today.
Here are some of what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Paid vacation and an annual bonus
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Pension plan with company match
- Opportunity for career growth and stability
The Outside Sales Representative is responsible for developing new carbon and stainless flat rolled business and managing existing accounts with strong focus on processed plate products.
- Generate revenue and margin from new and existing accounts
- Develop and maintain strong customer relationships.
- Identify and develop new market growth opportunities.
- Understand product and process costing and maximize gross margin
- See across Samuel's product and processing portfolio to maximize penetration and margin.
- Keep abreast of market changes and competitors and how this affects customers.
- Ensure all orders are submitted promptly when received and ensuring the accuracy of all relevant details (e.g. specifications, processing requirements, shipping and handling, etc.).
- Liaise between customers and our various departments such as Credit, Production, Operations, Shipping, Purchasing and Inside Sales.
- Monitor the status of customer's orders and intervene as required to ensure on-time delivery.
- Contact customers to inform them as soon as it is determined that their order will be late or incomplete and to work with them to minimize the consequences of the service breakdown.
- Monitor and act on any aged inventory concerns.
- Perform all duties in a manner that is consistent with the principles outlined in Samuel Way
- Be familiar with all company policies, costs, costing and equipment.
- File reports as required (monthly forecasts, territory updates, lost business, etc.)
- Minimum 3-4 years' carbon or stainless plate sales experience.
- Completion of post secondary education, University or College with a major in Business Administration or Marketing preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Drive, determination and ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- On the road out of the office interfacing with customer
- Overnight travel as needed (1-3 times per month)
- Travel to various locations as required
- Office environment
Equal Opportunity Employer