- Department: Sierra Aluminum
- Division: Service Center USA
- Type: Full-time Hourly
- Location: Riverside, CA, USA
Sierra Aluminum, a division of Samuel, Son & Co. is growing! If you’re looking for a rewarding career opportunity with a family run, industry leading organization, bring your experience and motivated attitude to Samuel, Son & Co.
Due to our continued success, we are looking for an Operations Plant Manager to join the team in Riverside, CA. If you think you have what it takes to become part of the team, contact us today.
Here is some of what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Paid vacation and an annual bonus
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401(K) plan with company match
- Opportunity for stability and career growth
- This position plans, directs and controls activities of the operating plant/location to accomplish budgeted financial objectives and customer requirements. Operation Plant Managers are responsible for planning and performance in Sales, Human Resources, Purchasing, Finance, Manufacturing, EH&S, Engineering and Quality. This position is also responsible for driving manufacturing excellence in support of short-term and long-range business objectives and strategies.
- Ensures a culture is in place that puts the safety and welfare of our employees ahead of all other goals. Leading and lagging indicators need to be managed and linked to actions that will reduce risk in the workplace.
- Develops manufacturing operating plans in accordance with company policies, goals and objectives. Assessing process capability, improving process control and instilling a culture of accountability will be a primary goal for this position.
- Sets the vision for the organization by formulating and guiding the implementation of long (2-5 years) and short-range plans, policies and programs associated with assigned business unit product offerings, within the broad framework of operating unit and corporate strategy and under the direction of senior management to achieve approved objectives.
- Leads a multi-disciplined plant team in meeting monthly forecasts and all appropriate business metrics in a continuous improvement spirit.
- Accountable for leading manufacturing, environment, health and safety, engineering, quality, human resources, and finance to achieve business objectives including meeting customer requirements and achieving financial objectives.
- Sets a high standard for ethics and compliance, ensuring business processes adhere to our business conduct policies and procedures.
- Develops and executes lean and flexible production systems based TPS and TPM techniques across all manufacturing operations to lower plant breakeven point.
- Executes plans for quality and process excellence that ensures consistent quality
assurance and process excellence procedures, controls and feedback.
- Manages an effective team including hiring, motivating, evaluating, developing and counseling with career development.
- Direct preparation of operational budgets and coordinates capital plans, appropriation requests, and project follow up.
- Implement quarter-over-quarter improvement strategies to increase efficiency, spend performance, customer delivery and safety record.
- Lead by example that safety is a way of life and a passion for an injury-free workplace.
- Lead the implementation of tactics to achieve improvement in on-time delivery, yield improvement, scrap reduction, and productivity.
- Establishes the goals and metrics to drive improvement, and refine activities as needed with monitoring the projected effects of forecasts on the business unit, revenues, and the "external gross profit".
- Directs the development and maintenance of long-range operational forecasts regarding volume, market share, financial requirements, human resource needs, organizational plans, etc., and monitors the projected effects of these forecasts on business unit investment, revenues, and the "external gross profit."
- Maintains an awareness of, and exercises sound business judgment in such areas as market conditions, competitive activities, general economic conditions and related matters.
- Champions a clear channel of communication and coordination between functional counterparts in the business units – marketing, engineering, finance, manufacturing, operations, and quality and external to business unit, customer service, sales, sales administration, technical services and distribution. Responsible for cross-functional coordination and specification of effective processes and standards for support departments.
- Confers with customers and representatives of associated industries to evaluate and promote improved and expanded services in applicable areas.
- Ensures that effective business unit systems, procedures and financial controls are established and maintained for the business unit's operations.
- BS Degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology or Business from an accredited institution required; Master's Degree in Engineering or Business from an accredited institution preferred.
- Minimum of 5-10 Years of Aluminum Extrusion or Casting Experience
- Minimum of 7 Years of experience in an operational management and/or large segment of a manufacturing business;
- Understanding of Operation's Finance and Key drivers of productivity