- Department: Operations
- Division: Service Center USA
- Type: Full-time Salaried
- Location: Houston, TX, USA
Samuel, Son & Co. is growing! If you’re looking for a rewarding career opportunity with a family run, industry leading organization, bring your experience and motivated attitude to Samuel, Son & Co.
Due to our continued success, we are seeking an Operations Manager to join the team in Houston, TX. If you think you have what it takes to become part of the team, contact us today.
Here is some of what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Paid vacation and an annual bonus
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401(K) plan with company match
- Opportunity for career stability
The Operations Manager ensures that all reporting departments produce a high quality product at the lowest possible price so that the overall corporate profit goals are achieved and that company safety polices are followed.
- Encourage individuals and teams to see the big picture, draw on each other’s strengths and experience to work collaboratively across the organization, set expectations, and provide accurate and helpful feedback.
- Create an environment in which people are motivated to do their best work; recognizes examples of exceptional team results.
- Share information and viewpoints openly and directly with others, both written and verbal.
- Display a good understanding of key aspects of the organization’s mission and strategies; is able to convey this information so that it is relatable to direct reports.
- Collect and understand important data used for financial metrics drawing accurate conclusions from information; makes sound decisions regarding expenditures.
- Support individuals and teams through change.
- Establish and maintain a high quality work force through recruiting, hiring, training, evaluating, and ensuring accountability to enable the Samuel culture.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement activities and company-wide strategic planning and implementation.
- Provide leadership in the upholding of Samuel Policies and Values.
- Prepare and execute the Annual Operations Budget to ensure labor cost and expense targets are met; perform monthly Gap Analysis on budget variance, report root cause, and report corrective actions.
- Ensure priorities of Safety, Quality, and Productivity are maintained at the forefront of all activities.
- Deploy and lead team-based problem solving groups using modern methods (DMAIC, Value Stream Mapping, Brainstorming, etc.) to eliminate productivity issues.
- Responsible for capital projects required to maintain the plant and/or operations from initiation of capital funds request to completion of the project.
- Develop the manufacturing plan and establish procedures for maintaining high standards of manufacturing operations to ensure that products conform to established customer and company quality standards.
- Role model and ensure company safety policies are adhered to and safe work habits are utilized by all department personnel and visitors.
- Other duties as required.
- Proficiency with Windows-based computer applications (i.e. MS Office applications).
- Completion of post-secondary education preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of operations management experience or similar management experience preferred.
- Experience in the application of lean principles such as 5S, visual systems, standardized work, kaizen, and the theory of constraints.
- Must have general knowledge of all machinery in plant.
- Office environment but will need to be on the plant floor as needed.
- Attend customer and association meetings as necessary.
Equal Opportunity Employer