- Department: Production
- Division: Service Center USA
- Type: Full-time Hourly
- Location: Irving, TX, USA
The Material Handler/Loader is responsible for ensuring material is moved in a safe and timely manner and that production standards are met.
• Report directly to the Operations Manager or Area Supervisor and support the Division GM and Quality in the effective implementation & maintenance of the Samuel, Son & Co. Inc. - Division Quality Program.
• Conduct Truck Loading and Material Handling operations in a safe, effective, and efficient manner.
• Observe and make decisions on the quality of all items processed.
• Inspect packaged or staged material or product to ensure conformance prior to shipment.
• In addition, the Material Handler/Loader will have the freedom and authority to:
o Initiate actions to prevent the occurrence of product non-conformance from being loaded on a Truck outbound to customers.
o Identify and record any product non-conformance.
o Initiate recommendations or provide solutions through the Quality Improvement process.
o Verify the implementation of solutions.
o Prevent delivery of non-conforming product until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
• Effective and efficient operations of the, Truck Loading and Material Handling functions.
• Support Department Manager or Supervisor in ensuring that processes directly affecting Quality and Safety are carried out under controlled conditions including suitable: equipment, working environment & maintenance of equipment to ensure continuing process capability.
• Ensure a clean and safe working environment.
• Adhere to health and safety policies and regulations.
• Maintain a good work atmosphere.
• When required, work with other departments to continuously improve service and resolve operational issues.
• Related duties as assigned.
• 0-1 year experience in a Manufacturing Environment.
• Ability to safely operate a forklift and other Material Handling Equipment.
• Ability to speak, read, and write in English.
• Ability to work 40 Hours a week on assigned shift with the availability to work overtime as required to meet production needs
Equal Opportunity Employer