- Department: Production
- Division: Samuel Pressure Vessel Group
- Type: Full-time Salaried
- Location: Lebanon, VA, USA
Samuel, Son & Co. is growing! If you’re looking for a rewarding career opportunity with a family run, industry leading organization, bring your experience and motivated attitude to Samuel, Son & Co.
Due to our continued success, we are seeking a Manufacturing Supervisor to join the team in Lebanon, VA. If you think you have what it takes to become part of the team, contact us today.
Here is some of what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Paid vacation and an annual bonus
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401(K) plan with company match
- Opportunity for stability and career growth
- Ensure that department is properly staffed to meet production schedule. Make daily job assignments at shift start based on job order requirements and team attendance.
- Read and analyze charts, work orders, production schedules, and other records and reports to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs
- Confer with other department supervisor to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments.
- Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals.
- Inspect materials, products, or equipment to detect defects and malfunctions.
- Demonstrate equipment operations and work and safety procedures to new employees, or assign employees to experienced workers for training.
- Confer with management or subordinates to resolve worker problems, complaints, or grievances.
- Interpret specifications, blueprints, job orders, and company policies and procedures for workers.
- Maintain operations data, such as time, production, and cost records, and prepare management reports of production results.
- Recommend or implement measures to motivate employees and to improve production methods, equipment performance, product quality or efficiency.
- Requisition materials, supplies, equipment, parts or repair services.
- Recommend personnel actions such as hiring and promotions. Discipline or recommend discipline as needed.
- Act as a liaison between management and production team.
- Organize initial job training and cross training for all team members.
- Develop exceptional talent.
- Promote employees involvement through team building &continuous improvement events.
- Develop team mentality.
- Enforce all SPVG policies.
- Ability to work will in a fast paced environment to meet team expectations.
- Understanding and support of Company policies and procedures.
- Ability to understand and abide by all safety rules and regulations to perform the job.
- Must have a basic understanding of computers.
- Must have reading, writing and simple math skills.
- Must be able to read blue prints.
- Must have a High School diploma, GED, or at least 1 year working experience in an industrial based environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- High degree of attention to detail.
- Good computer aptitude.
- Minimum of Associates Degree or three to five years supervisory experience.
- Reasoning skills-Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written and oral form. Ability to deal with and resolve problems/conflicts with vendors, customers and other employees of the organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer