- Department Maintenance
- Division: Samuel Packaging Systems Group
- Type: Full-time Salaried
- Location: Cartersville, GA, USA
Samuel, Son & Co. is growing! If you’re looking for a rewarding career opportunity with a family run, industry leading organization, bring your experience and motivated attitude to Samuel, Son & Co.
Due to our continued success, we are seeking a Maintenance Manager to join the Samuel Packaging Systems Group in Cartersville, GA. If you think you have what it takes to become part of the team, contact us today.
Here is some of what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Paid vacation and an annual bonus
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401(K) plan with company match
- Opportunity for stability and career growth
The Maintenance Manager maintains systems and equipment by completing preventive maintenance schedules; restoring, repairing, rebuilding, or replacing faulty or inoperative components and parts,project planning; supervising staff.
- Accomplishes maintenance objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to policies and procedures.
- Meets maintenance operational standards by contributing maintenance information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems.
- Meets maintenance financial standards by providing annual budget information; monitoring expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions.
- Evaluates functionality and reliability of facility systems and associated equipment by conferring with operating departments; identifying problems and requirements.
- Maintains function and reliability of facility systems and associated equipment by implementing a preventive maintenance program; operating and testing systems and equipment; restoring, repairing, rebuilding, or replacing faulty or inoperative components and parts.
- Improves function and reliability of facility systems and associated equipment by studying performance results; identifying, recommending, and implementing changes, expansions, and additions.
- Coordinates internal resources and third parties vendors for the flawless execution of projects.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal codes and regulations.
- Excellent working knowledge of manufacturing, math, electronics, computers and ergonomics
- At least 5-7 years as a Manufacturing Engineer (or similar) within an industrial facility
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at all levels of an organization
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Strong product management skills
- Understanding of process improvements; Six Sigma skills a plus
- Knowledge and understanding of material flow and operations sequence
- Proven working experience in project management
- Manufacturing environment with use of proper PPE required.
Equal Opportunity Employer