- Department: Production
- Division: Service Center USA
- Type: Full-time Hourly
- Location: Alpharetta, GA, USA
The Machine Operator Helper will support the Cut to Length Line Operator by moving material to and from the machine and ensuring that all activities are performed in a safe, efficient and quality manner.
- Review material processing paperwork. Accurately retrieve and stage material to be run on the CTL.
- Build and stage pallets to enable the material to be palletized based on customer orders.
- Operate overhead crane with sheet lifter attachment (training provided).
- Load coils on mandrel with coil cart.
- Band pallets.
- Ensure proper tagging of finished parts and transfer to finished goods area.
- Use forklift to bring in empty pallets and remove trash.
- Immediately report any and all non-conformances with material / packaging items, or abnormalities with equipment function(s) to Operator or Process Lead.
- Ensure a safe, clean working environment
- Maintain a good work atmosphere
- Adhere to all health and safety rules / regulations
- Based on needs of the business, will work in other areas of the facility to support customer demand issues
- Related duties as assigned.
• Previous manufacturing and forklift operator experience.
• Experience operating an overhead crane.
• High school education or GED desired
• Attention to accuracy and detail
• Ability to work in fast paced, deadline driven environment
• Able to read a tape measure to the sixteenth. Experience with micrometers and calipers
• Able to follow verbal and written instructions
• Experience with cutting and banding equipment is a plus.
• Ability to spend 80% of the day standing
• Ability to lift 50 lbs (22.7kg) maximum occasionally with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs (11.3kg).
Equal Opportunity Employer