- Department: Engineering
- Division: Roll Form Group
- Type: Full-time Salary
- Location: Jacksonville, FL, USA
Roll Form Group, a Division of Samuel (RFG) has supplied heavy roll formed product to major industries for over 45 years. The company was established in 1967 as Canadian Metal Rolling Mills (CMRM) in conjunction with Samuel, Son & Co., Limited. Samuel is known in North America as one of the largest metals distributors and processors, with a history beginning in Toronto, Canada in 1855.
With locations in both Canada and the United States, and with access to the Samuel distribution and transportation network, RFG services projects nationwide -- on-time and on-budget.
- Seeks a deeper understanding of one's self and maintains a healthy self-acceptance without guilt and self-criticism
- Demonstrates an ability to persevere when pursuing difficult challenges and responds positively to adversity
- Honors interpersonal commitments and shows sincere interest in those around them to build trust
The Junior Sales Engineer reports directly to the Engineering Manager and is primarily responsible to review plans, complete product take-offs, and provide cost-estimate bids.
- Proficient knowledge of all Samuel Roll Form Group products and value added services.
- Ability to use AutoCAD 2011LT and SPW911 Sheet Pile Design programs to design sheet pile systems with customer provided information, compile submittal packages.
- Aid in customer phone calls, sales and processing orders.
- Assist with new product development activities.
- Prepares cost estimates by studying drawings, blueprints, plans, and related customer documents; consulting with internal and external engineers, company sales professionals and technical personnel.
- Gains customer acceptance by explaining or demonstrating product substitutions or cost reductions opportunities.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; advising customer on product, service, or equipment adherence to requirements; advising customer on needed actions.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University in Civil Engineering
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and hit deadlines regularly.
- Intern experience or recent work experience in area of Heavy Civil Engineering preferred.
Roll Form Group, A Division of Samuel is an Equal Opportunity Employer, participates in the E-Verify program and complies with all federal and state regulations.
No unusual physical requirements. Requires some heavy lifting not exceeding 50 pounds, and work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility or out in the facility, Monday through Friday. Routine deadlines; usually sufficient lead time; variance in work volume seasonal and predictable; priorities can be anticipated; some interruptions are present; involves occasional exposure to demands and pressures from persons other than immediate supervisor.
Job frequently requires sitting, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands. Job occasionally requires standing, walking, reaching, climbing or balancing, stooping/kneeling/crouching/crawling, and lifting up to 50 pounds. Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically