- Department: Sales
- Division: Service Center USA
- Type: Full-time Hourly
- Location: Portland, OR, USA
Working directly with our sales staff, customers, suppliers and order fulfillment, the Inside Sales Trainee is responsible for assisting with sourcing, quoting, entering orders and following up on orders.
• Monitor open sales order and open purchase order reports, keeping sales and customers informed of any issues.
• Assist with sourcing for buy-outs.
• Accurately enter quote and order data within ERP system.
• Run reports and create charts or graphs as needed.
• Develop rapport with customers through prompt response to customer needs.
• Maintain quality service by adhering to policies, procedures and standards.
• Develop sales skills and product knowledge through education, including meetings and seminars as required.
• College degree or equivalent work experience.
• Organizational skills with ability to plan and execute daily activities.
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
• Must be able to comprehend industry information, sales information and technical data, pricing, discount and weight calculations.
• Demonstrate aptitude for developing a strong understanding and proficiency of Samuel ERP system.
• Able to function effectively in a team-oriented environment.
• Demonstrate ability to effectively identify, communicate and solve problems.
Equal Opportunity Employer