- Department: Sales
- Division: Service Center USA
- Type: Full-time Hourly
- Location: College Station, TX, USA
From underground, to on the road, to up in space, SAMUEL is everywhere.
If you are seeking a rewarding career where the opportunities are endless, join the Samuel team.
Who We Are
Samuel is a leading metals and industrial products manufacturer, processor and distributor, with more than 160 years of industry experience. We provide an unmatched breadth of services to our customers – from sourcing globally and optimizing their supply chain, to printing finished parts – so that they can achieve a competitive advantage.
Our customers’ products are everywhere, and so is Samuel. That’s the great thing about a career here – you have the opportunity to grow and make a difference anywhere you want.
- ONGOING CAREER PROGRESSION OPPORTUNITIES We’re working on a lot of great projects and we love promoting rising stars.
- DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES From on-site training to Individual Development Plans created with your manager, we want to help you make the most of your career and achieve your full potential.
- NOT JUST A NUMBER We believe in building relationships with every member of the Samuel team so that we can help you find opportunities that are right for you.
- WORK/LIFE BALANCE You’re an honorary member of the Samuel family, but we make sure you have time to see your real family too!
- GIVING BACK Whether we’re supporting local charities or the global effort to create a greener tomorrow, the Samuel name is synonymous with making a better future for our communities.
The Inside Sales Representative is responsible for providing pricing for quotes and arranging the orders based on Samuel’s customers’ requests in a timely manner. The ISR always applies resourcefulness and strong attention to detail while converting inquiries into orders while developing good relationships with both suppliers and customers.
- Positions could be located at any of our 25+ US Service Centers
- Full-time direct hire positions
- Benefits: Competitive Salary and Extensive Benefits Package.
- Opportunities for growth and development.
- Monitor inventory and discuss upcoming requirements with any contract or hold and release programs with current or new accounts developed.
- Make the prompt turnaround of quotes a priority.
- Actively seek new business from current customers as well as potential new customers.
- Establish and maintain good day-to-day working relationships with customer contacts.
- Write up all orders promptly as received, ensuring the accuracy of all relevant details (e.g. specifications, processing requirements, shipping and handling, etc.).
- Monitor the status of customers’ orders and intervene as required to ensure on-time delivery.
- Contact customers to inform them as soon as it is determined that their order will be late or incomplete and work with them to minimize the consequences of the service breakdown.
- Be an advocate for the customer in dealings with various departments such as Credit, Production, Operations, Shipping and Purchasing.
- Maintain the appropriate gross margin performance expected in all accounts
- Take all relevant cost factors into consideration when developing quotes and ensure that quoted prices will be sufficient to deliver expected gross margins (e.g. shipping costs, handling costs etc.)
- Review the profit performance of accounts on a regular basis and look for ways to improve. (e.g. material utilization, processing set-ups, freight, etc.)
- Takes personal accountability for the inventory position and performance of accounts.
- Ensure Special Purchase Requisitions are placed as required to meet customer needs with consideration to customer usage patterns and economic order quantities.
- Review the total in-stock and on order position of accounts to anticipate potential excess and aged inventory issues.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- College Degree in Industrial Distribution, Business or related field.
- Previous experience in customer service or sales roles working directly with customers.
- Effective time management skills, ability to prioritize, able to work as a member of a team
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with software such as Excel, Word, Outlook, and ERP systems.
- Drive, determination and ability to work both independently with little direction and as part of a team.
Equal Opportunity Employer - E-Verify Employer