- Department Sales
- Division: Samuel Automotive
- Type: Full-time Hourly
- Location: Toledo, OH, USA
Samuel, Son & Co. is growing! If you're looking for a rewarding career opportunity with a family run, industry leading organization, bring your experience and motivated attitude to Samuel, Son & Co.
Due to our continued success, we are seeking an Inside Sales Representative to join our automotive team in Toledo, OH.
Here is just some of what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Paid vacation and an annual bonus
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401(K) Plan with company match
- Opportunity for career stability with a 150+ year old family run company
The Inside Sales Representative will provide support and exceptional customer service to customers.
- Developing relationships with customers
- Verify feasibility of customer purchase orders, get pricing approved by Sales Manager or Inside Sales Manager
- Process and enter customer orders into the quote system or AS400 system
- Review/Update customer’s weekly releases and maintain or enter orders accordingly
- Monitor orders in the AS400 system on progress and provide status updates to customers
- Execute each order to achieve 100% on time delivery to our customer
- Hold specific coils for customer’s consumption
- Request testing for coils when applicable
- Quality Systems
- Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformities relating to product, process and quality system.
- Identify and record any problems relating to the product, process and quality system.
- Initiate, recommend or provide solutions through designated channels.
- Verify the implementation of solutions.
- Control further processing, delivery or installation of nonconforming product until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
- Represent the needs of the customer in internal functions in addressing ISO 9001:2008/TS 16949 requirements.
- Ensure customer requirements are set up and produced in a timely manner for on time delivery
- Communicate with Shipping daily to ensure that loads are covered / call customers to keep them informed of any issues
- Review account activity and status daily/ Review account finished goods and master coil inventory levels monthly
- Issue Purchase Requisitions to Purchasing when material needs to be purchased to cover customer requirements based on forecasting
- Maintain pricing in the AS400 / Ensure that contract review is completed on all new purchase orders / Review CRU contracts and update pricing accordingly on orders and spreadsheets per agreement of the contract
- Monitor all open orders / Close inactive or complete orders / Solve any issues
- Accompany sales persons as necessary on sales calls
- Review exceptions on Gross Margin report and report to Controller of costing concerns
- Storage billing when needed
- Provide support to customers as needed, including troubleshooting, obtaining copies of bill of ladings or certifications.
- 5S Auditing assignment as needed
- Other duties / projects assigned by Upper Management
- College degree in related field or a minimum 3-5 years sales/customer service experience in the steel industry.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Good organization, and time management skills as well as the ability to meet deadlines.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel. Experience conducting internet research. AS400 experience is a plus
- transportation to visit customers.
- The ability to work independently and as a team.
Equal Opportunity Employer