- Department: Sales
- Division: Service Center USA
- Type: Full-time Hourly
- Location: Hermitage, PA, USA
The Inside Sales Representative is responsible for providing pricing for quotes and arranging the orders based on Samuel's customers' requests in a timely manner. The ISR always applies resourcefulness and strong attention to detail while converting inquiries into orders while developing good relationships with both suppliers and customers.
• Monitor inventory and discuss upcoming requirements with any contract or hold and release programs with current or new accounts developed.
• Make the prompt turnaround of quotes a priority.
• Speak to customers about developments and events (e.g. new / discontinuing products, increases or decreases in manufacturing activity, etc.) that could impact our business and share this information with the sales team.
• Actively seek new business from current customers as well as potential new customers.
• Establish and maintain good day-to-day working relationships with customer contacts.
• Write up all orders promptly as received, ensuring the accuracy of all relevant details (e.g. specifications, processing requirements, shipping and handling, etc.).
• Monitor the status of customers’ orders and intervene as required to ensure on-time delivery.
• Contact customers to inform them as soon as it is determined that their order will be late or incomplete and work with them to minimize the consequences of the service breakdown.
• Be an advocate for the customer in dealings with various departments such as Credit, Production, Operations, Shipping and Purchasing.
• Identify and develop new market growth opportunities through cold calls, online research, and utilizing inter-company resources.
• Perform all duties in a manner that is consistent with principles outlined in Samuel’s Customer Bill of Rights.
• Support and assist with customer satisfaction surveys
• Maintain the appropriate gross margin performance expected in all accounts
• Take all relevant cost factors into consideration when developing quotes and ensure that quoted prices will be sufficient to deliver expected gross margins (e.g. shipping costs, handling costs etc.)
• Review the profit performance of accounts on a regular basis and look for ways to improve. (e.g. material utilization, processing set-ups, freight, etc.)
• Takes personal accountability for the inventory position and performance of accounts.
• Ensure Special Purchase Requisitions are placed as required to meet customer needs with consideration to customer usage patterns and economic order quantities.
• Review the total in-stock and on order position of accounts to anticipate potential excess and aged inventory issues.
• Other related duties as assigned
• University / College education in Business or 1 to 3 years of related experience with inside sales.
• Experience in metals is a plus.
• Effective time management skills, ability to prioritize, able to work as a member of a team
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Familiarity with Computers, and software such as, (Excel, Word, AS400, Microsoft Outlook, phones, company documentation) etc.
• Previous interaction and experience with customers
• Drive, determination and ability to work both independently with little direction and as part of a team.
Equal Opportunity Employer