- Department: Sales
- Division: Service Center
- Type: Full-time Salaried
- Location: Irving, TX, USA
Samuel, Son & Co. is growing! If you’re looking for a rewarding career opportunity with a family run, industry leading organization, bring your experience and motivated attitude to Samuel, Son & Co.
Due to our continued success, we are seeking an Inside Sales Representative to join the team in Irving, TX. If you think you have what it takes to become part of the team, contact us today.
Here is some of what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Paid vacation and an annual bonus
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401(K) plan with company match
- Opportunity for stability and career growth
The Inside Sales Representative is responsible for providing exceptional customer service, maximizing sales and profitability while striving for complete customer satisfaction.
- Identify and develop new market growth opportunities i.e. through making cold calls and online research and inter-company resources.
- Monitor inventory and discuss upcoming requirements with any contract or hold and release programs with current or new accounts developed.
- Make the prompt turnaround of quotes a priority.
- Speak to customers about developments and events (eg. New/discontinuing products, increases or decreases in manufacturing activity, etc.) that could impact our business and share this information with the sales team.
- Actively seek new business from current customers as well as potential new customers.
- Establish and maintain good day-to-day working relationships with customer contacts.
- Write up all orders promptly as received, ensuring the accuracy of all relevant details (eg. Specifications, processing requirements, shipping and handling, etc.)
- Monitor the status of customers’ orders and intervene as required to ensure on-time delivery.
- Contact customers to inform them as soon as it is determined that their order will be late or incomplete and to work with them to minimize the consequences of the service breakdown.
- Be an advocate for the customer in dealings with various departments such as Credit, Production, Operations, Shipping and Purchasing.
- Perform all duties in a manner that is consistent with principles outlined in Samuel’s Customer Bill of Rights.
- Support and assist with customer satisfaction surveys.
- Understanding of the gross margin performance that is expected from your accounts.
- Take all relevant cost factors into consideration when developing quotes and ensure that quoted prices will be sufficient to deliver expected gross margins.
- Review the profit performance of accounts on a regular basis and look for ways (eg. Material utilization, processing set-ups, freight, etc.) to improve.
- Take personal accountability for the inventory position and performance of accounts.
- Ensure Special Purchase Requisitions are placed as required to meet customer requirements with consideration to customer usage patterns and economic order quantities.
- Review the total in-stock and on order position of accounts to anticipate potential excess and aged inventory issues.
- Experience in the steel service industry preferred.
- Completion of post-secondary education, university of college with a major in Business Administration or Marketing preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to engage clients, build trust, and develop strong working relationships.
- Ability to read engineering and CAD drawings and MTRs preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Drive, determination and ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
Equal Opportunity Employer