- Department: Finance
- Division: Samuel Packaging Systems Group
- Type: Full-time Salaried
- Location: Woodridge, IL, USA
Samuel, Son & Co. is growing! If you’re looking for a rewarding career opportunity with a family run, industry leading organization, bring your experience and motivated attitude to Samuel, Son & Co.
Due to our continued success, we are seeking an Indirect Tax Specialist to join the Samuel Packaging Systems Group in Woodridge, IL. If you think you have what it takes to become part of the team, contact us today.
Here is some of what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Paid vacation and an annual bonus
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401(K) plan with company match
- Opportunity for stability and career growth
- Responsible for the preparation/filing all U.S. sales and use tax returns.
- Responsible for the identification and recommendation of internal controls to standardize policies and procedures to centralize, automate and support the timely and accurate reporting of sales and use tax.
- Manage external service providers.
- Provide technical assistance to key stakeholders.
- Manage all sales and use tax audits.
- Prepare responses to tax notices and related correspondence.
Other Indirect Taxes
- Assist, as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Professional Designation, Certified Public Accountant (“CPA”), Masters in either Accounting or Financial Management required.
- Working knowledge and nomenclature of leading IT systems.
- At least 5 to 7 years combined experience with
- Tax function of a public accounting firm; and/or
- Corporate tax function of a multinational public company
- A thorough understanding of indirect taxes.
- Proven ability to research tax matters, communicate results and recommend solutions.
- Experience in working with multiple stakeholders (i.e., operations, finance, legal) on tax matters.
- A thorough understanding of the capabilities of, and hands on experience with AvaTax Software (“Avalara”).
- Ability to travel on short notice.
- Proficiency with AvaTax, BNA Tax Research Software, Microsoft suite of products, HFM including ability to analyze general ledger entries efficiently.
Equal Opportunity Employer