- Department: Human Resources
- Division: Samuel Pressure Vessel Group
- Type: Full-time Salary
- Location: Lebanon, VA, USA
Samuel, Son & Co. is growing! If you’re looking for a rewarding career opportunity with a family run, industry leading organization, bring your experience and motivated attitude to Samuel, Son & Co.
Due to our continued success, we are seeking a Human Resources Manager to join the team in Lebanon, VA. If you think you have what it takes to become part of the team, contact us today.
Here is some of what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Paid vacation and an annual bonus
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401(K) plan with company match
- Opportunity for stability and career growth
The human resources manager is directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resources function. Responsibilities include HR related duties on a professional level and works closely with divisional HR management in supporting the HR teams. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: talent acquisition, staffing employee relations, benefits, time approvals, training, and compliance.
- Plans, organizes, and controls all activities of the department.
- Participates in developing department goals and objectives.
- Develops, recommends, and implements personnel policies and procedures for the location.
- Works closely with the Talent Acquisition team and/or PVG Human Resources Manager in recruitment efforts for all exempt and non-exempt non-CBA employees, conducts interviews, and extends job offers.
- Works on relocation offers when applicable.
- Responsible for the handling of labor relations including resolving grievance issues.
- Directly involved with PVG Human Resources Manager in grievance meetings, arbitration, and contract renewal process.
- Responsible for investigating and resolving employee complaints and workplace issues including harassment, violence, terminations.
- Assist and advise the leadership team in the areas of documentation, discipline, policy, and CBA administration.
- Participates in administrative meetings such as the monthly monitor meeting as well as other meetings such as seminars or career fairs.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws.
- Directly involved with the EH&S manager with investigations and workers compensation issues.
- Manages employee(s) of the department and the hiring of employee(s) within the department.
- Understands and follows the safety, quality, and ISO rules and procedures of the plant and/or department.
- Remain updated on State and Federal laws applicable to area of responsibility.
Leaves of Absences:
- Ensure FMLA, Workers Compensation, and other requested leaves are applied according to policy and associated laws.
- Effectively interpret and monitor FMLA and ADA implications as they relate to leaves of absences & disabilities.
- Coordinate light duty restrictions with EH&S manager or specialist.
- Track & monitor open work comp claims to ensure proper care for employee, limit company exposure, and closing of the case in a timely manner.
Time & Attendance:
- Assist payroll in the preparation of payroll, hours, deductions, rate changes, transfers, etc. to be familiar with the process to ensure payroll is completed in the absence of the Human Resources Generalist.
- Responsible for reporting metrics and information for various reporting requirements, to include month-end, safety, and various Human Resources metrics.
- Able to backfill Human Resources Generalist and divisional HR Team Members as needed.
- Handle day-to-day employee questions and concerns, and act as a liaison for committees, corporate and SPVG HR team.
- Understand the ISO system and the elements that affect the job.
- Proficient with Windows-based computer applications.
- Proficient with payroll and other HR based programs.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and 5 years of human resources experience or 9 years of experience in the HR field.
- Union experience preferred if the location has a collective bargaining agreement.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Strong recruitment and employee relations background.
- Thorough and attentive to detail in all job tasks and proactive toward continuous improvement.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Ability to analyze problems and find effective solutions.
- Ability to work with all types of people and operate effectively in a team setting.
- Ability to teach, instruct and demonstrate to other personnel and serve as a good role model.
- Ability to organize and delegate.
Equal Opportunity Employer