- Department: Human Resources
- Division: Samuel Pressure Vessel Group
- Type: Full-time Salaried
- Location: Lebanon, VA, USA
Samuel, Son & Co. is growing! If you’re looking for a rewarding career opportunity with a family run, industry leading organization, bring your experience and motivated attitude to Samuel, Son & Co.
Due to our continued success, we are looking for a Human Resources Generalist to join the Pressure Vessel Group in Lebanon, VA. If you think you have what it takes to become part of the team, contact us today.
Here is some of what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Paid vacation and an annual bonus
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401(K) plan with company match
- Opportunity for stability and career growth
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with divisional HR management in supporting the HR teams. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: talent acquisition, staffing employee relations, benefits, time approvals, training, and compliance.
Talent Acquisition & Staffing:
- Works closely with SPVG Human Resources Manager to assist with divisional recruiting efforts; to include screening, onboarding of hires, best practices and provide assistance on critical needs and group level initiatives.
- Partner and source with local career centers, career service organization, all levels of educations centers, Veteran Administration, staffing agencies, and online career boards.
Employee Relations and Employee Engagement:
- Coordinate employee events such as retirement and recognition dinners, and other internal and external events.
- Maintain effective communications channels for all employees.
- In the absence of the Human Resources Manager, be able to assist and advise leadership in the areas of documentation, disciplinary actions, and policy administration.
- Work closely with the SPVG HR Manager to sustain and enhance the SPVG onboarding program to ensure the best success for new hires.
- Coordinate new hire training and onboarding and assist with position training throughout all departments to be compliant with HR/ISO procedures.
- Track and verify all required training for position training is completed.
- Responsible for maintaining reporting and compliance related to recruiting and staffing activities and leading Company responses to government requirements such as AAP, OFCCP, and EEO audits.
- Respond to employee and management questions related to HR programs, policies, and compliance issues.
- Remain updated on State and Federal laws applicable to area of responsibility.
Benefits & Compensation:
- Administers all employee benefits.
- Responsible for assisting employees or family members regarding benefit question and or issues.
- Responsible for benefit billings and processing.
- Prepares monthly Performance Review forms, logs completed Performance Reviews and monitors the review process for completion and on time reviews.
- Handle and coordinate all incentive programs.
- Prepare and setup meeting designed to help employees obtain information and understand company benefits and other related incentive programs.
- Responsible for organization and tracking all performance management processes.
Leaves of Absences:
- Process short term disability, FMLA, Workers Compensation, and other requested leaves according to policy and associated laws.
- Effectively interpret FMLA and ADA implications as they relate to leaves of absences & disabilities.
- Process all work comp claims with current comp. carrier. Coordinate and light duty restrictions with EH&S manager or specialist.
- Track & monitor open work comp claims to ensure proper care for employee, limit company exposure, an closing of the case in a timely manner.
Time & Attendance:
- Prepare weekly & approve payroll information for processing by monitoring time during the week and working closely with department managers and supervisors.
- Compares vacation of non-plant and plant to attendance records and confirms/authorizes all vacation, sick leave, or other paid leave for plant personnel in computer system.
- Assist payroll in the preparation of payroll, hours, deductions, rate changes, transfers, etc.
Employee Files and Changes:
- Completes all necessary forms for employee termination and inactivates records in the computer system.
- Processes new hire, status change, and termination paperwork.
- Files papers and documents into appropriate employee files; performs paper and system audits as necessary.
- Prepare and maintain employee files, assuring accuracy, compliance and confidentiality, unemployment claims, verifications, 1-9 status and state regulations.
- Responsible for reporting metrics and information for various reporting requirements, to include month-end, safety, and various Human Resources metrics.
- Prepare and maintain employee listings, new hire, and absence reports. Maintain and update company organizational charts, phone directory, and other requested reports as needed.
- Able to backfill Human Resources Manager and divisional HR Team Members as needed.
- Handle day-to-day employee questions and concerns, and act as a liaison for committees, corporate and SPVG HR team.
- Understand the ISO system and the elements that affect the job.
- Completion of post-secondary education with a major in Human Resources or related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in multi-discipline HR environment.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Strong recruitment and employee relations background.
- Thorough and attentive to detail in all job tasks and proactive toward continuous improvement.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Ability to analyze problems and find effective solutions.
- Ability to work with all types of people and operate effectively in a team setting.
- Ability to teach, instruct and demonstrate to other personnel and serve as a good role model.
- Ability to organize and delegate.
- Proficient with Windows-based computer applications.
- Proficient with payroll and other HR based programs.
Equal Opportunity Employer