- Department: Human Resources
- Division: Corporate
- Type: Full-time Salaried
- Location: Woodridge, IL, USA
Samuel, Son & Co. is growing! If you’re looking for a rewarding career opportunity with a family run, industry leading organization, bring your experience and motivated attitude to Samuel, Son & Co.
Due to our continued success, we are seeking a Head of Health & Retirement, USA, to join the team. The location of this position is flexible, though preferably to be based out of our Woodridge, IL office. If you think you have what it takes to become part of the team, contact us today.
Here is some of what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Paid vacation and an annual bonus
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401(K) plan with company match
- Opportunity for career stability
This role will have the direct responsibility for the health and retirement function for Samuel’s US based operations which includes oversight and some hands-on administration of employee benefits and 401k plans. Oversight includes; medical, dental, vision, FSA/HSA, disability, COBRA, life, wellness, and retirement as well as vendor management for each of the programs. This position develops, recommends and implements approved, new or modified plans and employee benefits policies while managing administration of existing plans. This position is also tasked with implementing cost control procedures to assure maximum coverage at the least possible cost to company and employee. The Head of Health and Retirement - USA will partner with a peer who is responsible for a similar portfolio in Canada to ensure that respective programs align with overall company strategy and business objectives.
- Responsible for managing all employee benefits programs - health, life, and disability insurance - with the support of brokers and vendors.
- Responsible for the on-going evaluation of the Company's benefits and wellness programs, assessing the effectiveness of existing plans, policies, and procedures;
- Ensure benefits programs are market competitive, aligned with business goals, and administered in compliance with company policies and government regulations;
- Recommend new benefit plans and plan revisions that are cost effective and supportive of the Company's mission and values and aligned with market trends and best practices;
- Leverage data analytics, insights and industry practices to evaluate program effectiveness and, as appropriate, make recommendations for program changes;
- Develop comprehensive communications and training materials to support the rollout of benefits programs that are well understood and valued by managers and employees;
- Own the annual Open Enrollment process including communications, premium/rate setting and updates, vendor management, and any other oversight as needed;
- Partner with HR, IT, Payroll, and external consultants and vendors to improve the administration of Samuel’s programs and employee experience;
- Ensure that all benefits communication programs are proactive, well communicated and easy to understand for all employees;
- Ensure benefits compliance with government and regulatory requirements.
- Manage the benefit invoicing and allocation process and analyze benefit expenses in partnership with brokers and service providers;
- Help in the preparation and management of the enterprise and business unit benefits program budget and forecast of benefit expenses including annual budget accruals for IBNR and retirement benefits;
- Assist with the delivery of other Total Rewards and business projects as appropriate
- English – Written and Oral Fluency Required
- Spanish - Written and Oral Fluency Preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, or other Human Resources related field preferred or equivalent relevant
- CEBS or GBA certification preferred
- 7 to 10 years of progressive experience in benefits, including 5+ years of management experience leading a benefits function and managing benefits administration, ideally within in a multi-national company
- Creative thinker who can think analytically and generate creative solutions to solve complex issues and challenges.
- Expert knowledge of benefits design, ERISA and regulatory requirements.
- In-depth knowledge of health plan best practices, trends, and program design.
- Exceptional interpersonal communications effectiveness, including verbal, written, presentation and persuasion skills.
- Strong influencing, negotiation and communication skills with the ability to present ideas at the senior level and gain executive buy-in and alignment around key priorities.
- Understanding of economic and financial analysis and reporting of healthcare data.
- Strong financial acumen with well-developed leadership presence
- Travel as needed to up to 10% of time, with the possibility of higher levels of travel during program deployment
Equal Opportunity Employer