- Department: Procurement
- Division: Samuel Packaging Systems Group
- Type: Full-time Salaried
- Location: Woodridge, IL, USA
Samuel, Son & Co. is growing! If you’re looking for a rewarding career opportunity with a family run, industry leading organization, bring your experience and motivated attitude to Samuel, Son & Co.
Due to our continued success, we are seeking a Global Sourcing Specialist to join the Samuel Packaging Systems Group in Woodridge, IL. If you think you have what it takes to become part of the team, contact us today.
Here is some of what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Paid vacation and an annual bonus
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401(K) plan with company match
- Opportunity for stability and career growth
The Global Sourcing Specialist will source direct materials and indirect materials & services; obtain, summarize and present quotes; analyze landed cost for quote; make supplier recommendations, seek cost reduction opportunities and build effective supplier relationships by facilitating interaction with offshore suppliers and Samuel personnel.
- Create sourcing plans for the organization designed to deliver the appropriate supply base and best commercial outcome.
- Supporting the strategic sourcing process by coordinating specifications, selection criteria, questionnaires, contract schedules and documentation to ensure that the most appropriate supplier selection is achieved in accordance with corporate guidelines.
- Leading or supporting commercial negotiations to ensure goal achievement.
- Identify fresh procurement opportunities through running reports, data analysis, supplier discovery, and engagement with relevant stakeholders to ensure that the organizations spend is appropriately challenged and managed.
- This role will be key to ensure that the business selects the most appropriate vendors by considering the business requirements and evaluating these commercially to achieve the best value for money solutions.
- Providing strategic sourcing support for the organization to deliver against company initiatives related to cost reduction, cost avoidance, supplier rationalization and standardizing purchasing practices.
- Monitoring and reporting on vendor performances against key indicators.
- Establish/maintain professional relationships with suppliers/partners based on the highest ethical business practices as set forth in the Code of Conduct and Integrity and Samuel's Policies.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline
- Purchasing or Supply Chain designation preferred ex: Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) or equivalent
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years of progressive experience in global sourcing, procurement, or supply chain management.
- Ability and willingness to travel, both domestically and internationally, up to 50% of the time. Key focus areas are dictated by global trade dynamics, and initially would be Southeast Asia, Central & South America, and Eastern Europe.
- Market knowledge of products, equipment, and services
- Good understanding of vendor performance and metrics management
- Knowledge of consolidated contract spend across multiple locations
- Experience in manufacturing supply chains
- Background in Lean, Six Sigma, or similar process improvement models
- Strong negotiation and analytical skills
- Advanced knowledge of business law, commercial terms and conditions, and related legal issues
- Effective written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrated problem-assessment and problem-solving skills
- Strong customer-service focus supporting an operating company, with ability to build credibility with internal clients and external suppliers
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Equal Opportunity Employer